Posts by SWtarget

Dam, some Catholics here will beat the shit out a protestant for walking into their neighbourhood, and vice versa.

Hence I always lived with the saying "With strangers around you have no religion to be found"

This whole "Christian Unity" thing you have over there seems to calm them down at least. Not so uptight it seems.

Catholic vs. Protestant over there is a lingering remnant of the unfortunate integration of politics into religion. Make no mistake, anyone who would inflict violence on another without provocation is not following Christ, but rather is twisting religion to use as his justification to follow his own desires.

Matthew 5:43-48:

You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? You must accordingly be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

She was in that sit com that was supposed to take place in the restaurant at the top of the Renaissance Center in Detroit. If I remember correctly she was diagnosed with breast cancer and died really quickly? The whole thing kinda killed the show... The cuter girl went on to be in Wings. She was a hottie.

Watch It's A Living | Prime Video

We are currently in a warm interglacial period. A glacial period lasts for hundreds of thousands of years....an interglacial period is no longer than 30,000. So...we're about half-way through this one....or a bit more. No matter how much carbon is pumped into the atmosphere a new ice age is coming. It may be only a bit at a time....but it's coming...

Or maybe we'll just get back to earth's average . . .

A graph showing Earth's surface temperature over the past half a billion years

Well, Satan is an angel. A fallen angel. And not just any angel, an archangel no less. And there's a shitton of fallen angels, so be very careful who you listen to!

"Rev 12: 3-4a: Another sign was seen in heaven. Look! A great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns and on its heads seven diadems; and its tail drags a third of the stars of heaven, and it hurled them down to the earth.

Rev 12:7-9: And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven.

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him."

Some interpret the bold portion that the stars of heaven represent the angels. Meaning, as many as one third of all the angels have joined Satan in his rebellion.

Isn't a lack of an avatar an avatar in itself? I mean, philosophically speaking?

As the resident invisible non-entity, the old empty silhouette suited me as an avatar. Then Gina took it upon herself to find me an equally suitable empty non-entity invisible man in the form of an actual avatar, and I love it.

So in my humble non-opinion, Gina should just pick and apply a suitable avatar and make it so everyone but Murderface can see it. He thinks he wins, everyone else knows he loses, and he can go be disagreeable about something else.

A hockey game where a bunch of teenagers beat the purported best team on the planet.

If that's how it's defined, then anybody can perform miracles given enough drive, training, determination, and a smidgen of luck.

I think it's so they can remember who to sue later when they develop one of several dozen ailments that will eventually be blamed on the "experimental" vaccines by those ambulance-chasers.

Good stuff, Arrow.

One point of contention, though. You go to worship the One who sent Jesus. Jesus himself made this clear.

Matthew 4:10 ". . . For it is written: "It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.""

Jesus is the best example for us to follow, and through his sacrifice we can be reconciled to God. He did everything based on the will of God. He says in John 7:16 ". . . What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me." And again in John 5:30, "I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me." If we ourselves model our lives, to the best of our ability, to his example, then our demonstration of faith will allow us to be forgiven of the many times we fall short.