22LR vs 17 HMR

• I agree that the Savage is a hell of a deal. I have one in .270 which to me is one of the best calibers along with the ought six and the 7x57 and the 22-250 Anyway... mine is older with the adjustable trigger that you have to take the gun apart to adjust. It has a pretty nice Bushnell 3x9 scope.

Soo... sighting it in from sandbags... once I got it dialed in at 25 yards with my 130 grain handloads... I fired 4 more shots... I was shocked They pretty much made one ragged hole. Soooo 50 yards is for me the range I test rifles with iron sights. If I can get em to print in an inch for three shots that is a good rifle for me... done it with Garands and K98 and of all things... A model 81 Remington in .300 Savage LOL

Soo.. the .270 Savage... Center to center 3 shot group was half an inch maybe a bit less? middle of the road 130 grain hunting bullets pushed by as load of 4895 powder. Shooting at 100 yards? lets just say that no soda can was safe.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• In my opinion... the .270 is one of the best calibers ever. To me? it is like a more powerful 7x57 If you need more than the 7x57? the .270 would do that.

Not gonna talk about how it hits and how accurate it is out to 600 yards or more... cause.. well... never shot one that far and.... there are literally many thousands of articles that have been written on that.

Pest control? LOL... WAY overkill... but... good target practice. Recoil is less than an ought six or even .308 Make sure of your backstop tho.. cause this round is potent. I think it would be fun to have a 17 hornet or HMR and a .270 backup for if it got windy.

lazs

• The 22-250 in my opinion is a real beast. If you have a heavy barrel it will actually allow you to keep the scope on target. Most 22 caliber bullets are just not heavily constructed enough for this 4,000 fps round.

lazs

• Sheese that's close. Try 600 to 800 yards.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.