Nvidia's big news

• I prefer Asus for GFX cards and motherboards. They're pretty much the standard of quality everyone else strives to match.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• I prefer Asus too. My 1080 and M/B are both Asus in my newest PC. I'll buy whatever becomes available first though with the exception of MSI. I hope Nvidia cuts them off.

• Everything I've heard and read says Asus is putting much higher quality components into the 3000 series right now, them and of all others Zotac (I know, wtf right, but my one Zotac 2080ti outruns my eVGA ones in every game/test so far). I have a Zotac 3090 bought and paid for that 'll be here on Monday, maybe Friday if the mail is fast. So I'll have 2 3090 once my other one shows up, and one 3080 god knows when.

I've owned 1/2 dozen ROG Swift Asus monitors from 1000-2000$ each, all have been bullet proof. They can have stuff fail like anyone though, my first 9900k build I had a Asus z390 Hero wifi motherboard that died on day 2 of it being built.

• From what I'm reading those benchmark numbers for the Big Navi are very close to the 3080. If they price it close and have availability they'll sell all they have ready. Nvidia will lose on every one of those sales.

• From what I'm reading those benchmark numbers for the Big Navi are very close to the 3080. If they price it close and have availability they'll sell all they have ready. Nvidia will lose on every one of those sales.

Yep, and the figures from AMD, if they're accurate, for the new 5900x, look to be very close to the 10900k in gaming performance, and probably much better in desktop/etc applications. I'll be sticking with the 3090/3080s for now, but if the numbers prove out for AMD, my primary gaming system will be running an AMD 5900cpu.

• Plus one 3090 as of this afternoon, my Zotac card showed up at last (2 days late, holiday monday here screwed me). I must have got lucky in the silicon lottery, I'm getting 19600s and one 19805 in Timespy Graphics, which is well on the high side of what 3090s are putting out there right now. It's not got much room for o/c with the current nVidia "save our shit capacitors" drivers, but hopefully the figure that out soon. Either way it's putting up solid/great numbers on stock clock speeds, and it's crazy how much it's improved VR for DCS with the Reverb right now. Can't wait for the G2 now, and my other 3090 and 3080 to show up.

• I always had SLI systems, right from the very first Voodoo2 cards. I remember using Janes F15 and seeing the difference in rendering/graphics going from a single to dual video cards in SLI. I sometimes set up my main PC with 2 2080ti, but really the last gaming system I had where SLI games made it worth it, was when the 980 series and maybe 1080 cards (slightly) made it worth it. There just aren't enough profiles created anymore, developers have largely dropped it, and even using nVidia Inspector to make your own way, it still isn't worth it.

Sort of sad to see it go - I won't get the new 30xx series nVlink adapter, just not worth bothering anymore.

• My NZXT X61 AIO water pump died in the night last night, so I have to wait a few days for my new one to show up, as I can't find my old Noctua air cooler (yet, I hope). My old war horse Corsair 750D I might replace with a Thermaltake 71 and one of their 360mm pumps, and then use the old 750D to plunk in my new Ryzen build once the 5000 is available in our parts.

3090 has been running great, mid to high 30s idel temp, with the fans cranked up doing some pretty crushing testing it stayed cooler than the 2080tis I had did. Putting up high 19xxx numbers with no overclock and stock/auto fan speeds with Timespy still. It's made a pretty huge difference in VR with DCS. I just can't do eff-all right now until I either find my DH15 or the 360mm new AIO cooler shows up.

buOLeTq.jpg

kDOwqUY.jpg

• That's a G1, G2 aren't released yet. It's the 2nd generation of the first Reverb, the one that doesn't die frequently and has an improved cable, as the old one was responsible for a lot of units dying. I have an Index and another Reverb as well, sold off the Rift Ss, kinda wish I'd kept one around since they discontinued them. I might grab a Quest 2 to try out once the G2 Reverb comes out next month, and I sell/trade off my current VR units. We'll see.

The current Reverb is still really good, anyone I've let try it who has had previous VR units always say it's a big improvement over what they have or had. I still prefer trackIR for PvP fights, VR is just to slow and a PITA to see behind your aircraft compared to TiR. It's a huge advantage in a guns/BFM fight. But for everything else, VR is fantastic. I just bought a bunch of Fanatec car racing stuff, wheel/pedals/shifter, and some of the car racing sims in VR are unreal.

Star Wars latest game is great in VR as well, probably the most fun VR game I've played in fact. I have my Star Wars/Star Citizen/Elite setup in the above pic, the Virpil "Space" sticks, the Alpha for right hand and the Delta for left, HOSAS+throttle w/pedals. For Aces High I use my VKB Gunfighter on desktop without mounts, a Virpil T50 throttle, and my Slaw RX Viper peds, on another PC.

• That's a G1, G2 aren't released yet. It's the 2nd generation of the first Reverb, the one that doesn't die frequently and has an improved cable, as the old one was responsible for a lot of units dying. I have an Index and another Reverb as well, sold off the Rift Ss, kinda wish I'd kept one around since they discontinued them. I might grab a Quest 2 to try out once the G2 Reverb comes out next month, and I sell/trade off my current VR units. We'll see.

The current Reverb is still really good, anyone I've let try it who has had previous VR units always say it's a big improvement over what they have or had. I still prefer trackIR for PvP fights, VR is just to slow and a PITA to see behind your aircraft compared to TiR. It's a huge advantage in a guns/BFM fight. But for everything else, VR is fantastic. I just bought a bunch of Fanatec car racing stuff, wheel/pedals/shifter, and some of the car racing sims in VR are unreal.

Star Wars latest game is great in VR as well, probably the most fun VR game I've played in fact. I have my Star Wars/Star Citizen/Elite setup in the above pic, the Virpil "Space" sticks, the Alpha for right hand and the Delta for left, HOSAS+throttle w/pedals. For Aces High I use my VKB Gunfighter on desktop without mounts, a Virpil T50 throttle, and my Slaw RX Viper peds, on another PC.

Sorry, I misread... I thought you got your G2.

What are the odds those will actually be obtained at Christmas?