The Ceiling Fan Installation Saga

• Why is it so hot up north?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Why's there no photo of you up that ladder?

I hate ladders. That's why I had a son but the rascal wasn't available. Trust me I was up it plenty, that's why I call it the ladder of a thousand rungs. If I did a selfie I would have fallen off.

On a semi-funny note, before I linked the remote I kept pressing the light button but no lights. So I took the light cover off to see if perhaps it was just dull because the fan blades were turning. Then I realized the remote wasn't linked. So as I was looking at the light and linking the remote and then the lights came on in brilliant flash! I saw spots for a good 15 minutes.

• Many ceilings now have recessed lighting which I turn off or dim down while Im cutting in the ceiling because I cant cut around or near the lights with the lights on because at a foot and a half away they are too bright and I cant see.

When a customer walks in while I'm doing this invariably before I get a chance to tell them not to. They will almost always say something like "Here, Lets shed some light on the subject", flip the light switch or turn the lights up and POOF! I feel like someone just took a flash picture of me at point blank range.

• Nowhere near that hot here. Ever.

LOL Yea it does.

You're acclimated to it. I used to be more acclimated to it too just like I was more to working in the cold when I worked outside every single day that it wasnt raining or snowing.

I noticed it the most after I quit the job at the hospital and working almost exclusively in a climate controlled atmosphere for over 10 years then going back and doing some jobs outside again. The winter somehow seemed colder and the summer seemed hotter.

We had this lady when my daughter was small we would always end up walking our kids to school together. She was from Alaska and in the winter time as soon as the temps hit 50 degrees you would see her in a tank top.

• I lived in Homestead for 3 years, never got so hot I couldn’t take my shirt off and cool down. Even when it was 85 it was pretty comfortable and I stayed outside.

There was a week in July this year I didn’t go out unless I HAD to. Sweltering.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Down coast a ways but I don't live there currently.

I may again though.

Yes it's 10°F cooler than the gulf coast. If your invader relatives don't live on the coast it might be a little warmer but nowhere near as warm as the northeast.

• Down coast a ways but I don't live there currently.

I may again though.

Yes it's 10°F cooler than the gulf coast. If your invader relatives don't live on the coast it might be a little warmer but nowhere near as warm as the northeast.

My invader relatives started buying property and invading the area back in 1935 with my great grandfather. My grandparents used to vacation down there every year till they moved there full time in 1969. You are more of an invader than my family.