Hey four you 4 eyes - Help me with eyeglass lens types!

• "Backing one out"

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• “I’m not licking that”

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I want to really get a portrait of that. Lol.

Café Press will print it on a canvas for you

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

• I want to really get a portrait of that. Lol.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• This is going straight to the pool room.

• If anyone's interested in getting a bulk lot price I'm in

• Yeah well,

I didn't read every post but will assume they were consistent regarding accuracy.

Kinda reminds me of the spooks that used to come in and complain that their glasses' " medicine" wore out even though they took good care of them..

Photo-chromics come in either glass or plastic. 20 some years now. Glass still works better. They react to u.v. light so behind glass of any sort the reaction is diminished. The thicker the lens, the deeper the tint. Plano lenses with an add for presbyopia won't react like the ads imply. Can't. Too thin.

Anti-reflective coatings need to be multi layer coatings or they can look funny. As they need to be on the outside surface the lens, no matter how it started out, is only as scratch proof as the coating. Which ain't much.

Scratch coatings, even without a/r, are really about the warrantee. Lens blanks at the surfacing labs are all over the map. If it's a discount place the lenses are usually sourced from overstock or salvage inventory from another lab. They mix them all together so with cheap glasses you never really know. And if they're coated, it doesn't matter.

If you do most reading at a screen, even a tablet, that arm's length distance is about twice what a typical bifocal add is calculated for. No big deal if you're at +1.00 - 1.50 ish. Which is common for otherwise standard acuity affected by age.

More than that and you might want the add tweaked. And a d segment may be the best solution. Especially if reading is the only time you need help.

If you're hard on stuff or don't have them on always stay away from rimless or semi-rimless.

You owe me $300.00. Take my $5 out of that.

• I run around in either my underarmour or speedos.

I'm an unihibited man