Hey four you 4 eyes - Help me with eyeglass lens types!

• Self darkening as you all call it doesn’t work inside a car so don’t plan to use them in place of your sunglasses.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Personally, I wouldn't dream of going to Walmart or Costco for glasses. Fuck that, pay a little extra for a real optometrist. It's worth it. Better testing for other shit that could potentially be bigger problems down the road.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Personally, I wouldn't dream of going to Walmart or Costco for glasses. Fuck that, pay a little extra for a real optometrist. It's worth it. Better testing for other shit that could potentially be bigger problems down the road.

I went local last time & it was actually less than going to WM.

They are real optometrists with independent offices. Lol.

• Self darkening as you all call it doesn’t work inside a car so don’t plan to use them in place of your sunglasses.

I wear mine driving and they're fine. My eyes have always been light sensitive too.

• This is the first pair of transition glasses I have worn. When I ordered them the lady told me they have much improved the response time. I have a pair prescription sun glasses too. I figured if these didn't work well enough I could always go back to wearing the sunglasses outside. It's been about 4 months now and I haven't had to wear my sun glasses since.

• Ok, just for stooch.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full. Mine won’t darken in the car.

Beidge is out ahead, sure you want to stay on this track?

• Ok here is the deal and i know because I have to deal with this shit and got tired of glasses only lasting me a few months.

Get Contacts

If you have to get glasses You can get the anti scratch coating. But it is useless if you get the anti glare coating. I know this sounds ridiculous but its true.

Eitehr that or simply get glass glasses

As you can guess in my line of work I have to deal with a lot of dust. As I keep telling the eye doc carrying around one of those fancy rags aint going to work and not cleaning them with my shirt just isnt an option.

Year after year I would get glasses and inside a few months they are scratched to shit to the point that they would damn near be frosted even though I would insist that I need my glasses to be damn near bulletproof they absolutely positively need to be scratch resistant BECAUSE of the way I have to clean them.

Finally the Doc at "Cohen's Fashion Optical" Told me he had several contractor and construction types make the same complaint and suggested to me to forgo the anti glare coating.

Problem solved.

For you it might not matter cause you dont exactly get dirty for a living.

Now though most of the time I wear a contact in one eye. Really I/ could use bifocals but with the angles I need to look at stuff that doesnt really work either.

I cant see distance well with out glasses and I cant read with them so I end up doing the Chuck Schumer routine. I also have contacts but if I wear those then I need reading glasses.

One day I discovered that if i only wore a contact on one eye. once I got used to it. I could see pretty damn good both near and far. Comes in handy when I pressure wash

• I appreciate the advice Dred, but I don't go through glasses like that. Mine will last until I sit on them a few times - so maybe 5 years.

You have to understand, I'm a sophisticated IT engineer, not a do rag wearing paint money. I need precision optical gear. A one-eyed, jimmy-rigged, half-assed contact scenario doesn't cut it for me.

I'd never want contacts. Don't want to put anything in my eye, but also I can see perfectly except reading so I wouldn't fuck with contacts. Progressive for me. I like glasses. I don't even need to wear them if I'm not trying to read my phone, but since I have to look at my phone and screens all day, I just keep my glasses on and that's it.

If you had ant foresight and intelligence you could have protected your glasses with goggles or over-glasses glasses when slinging paint like a spaz. Wipe those things down and let those get dusty.