Hey four you 4 eyes - Help me with eyeglass lens types!

• I desperately need new glasses. Ruined both pair and the one I can still use is barely staying on my head.

This will be my second eyeglasses purchase since joining the ranks of the four eyes. I could use tips for the types of lens upgrades. What's worth it and what;s not?

I only need glasses to read, so I want to get progressive lenses again. I don't want to have to take them on an off.

Questions I have:

are these options worth it?

anti-glare?

scratch resistance?

anything you guys can give me advice about? I want good lenses.

• Been doing this for a while and admit that my choices are more male oriented so far as frame style but...........

For everything else. I want progressives. I only take em off to shower or bed or that sort of thing. I want self darkening... I do not want to carry sunglasses around... why do that if you don't have to? I want impact resistant. I was working on a bench for my mexican years ago. had the oak stats in a vice and using a belt sander (they were in bad shape) one slat was cracked where I could not see... it broke/shattered and sent a large sliver right at my eye.... it ruined the lense but saved my eye. I still ride Harleys... the style I got keeps out the wind but is also self darkening so daytime I can ride with 'sunglasses' and at night they become clear.

Every time I get new glasses they tell me that the newest coatings are more scratch resistant. I think it may be true. Ten years ago the scratch resistant glasses I bought were anything but. The last two (with moderate care) have worked excellent.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I tried progressives a couple of times, couldn't get used to them. I keep two pair, one for sitting at the computer and another, darkening, for everything else.

• I do a lot of different things including the computer and riding and.......shooting. Progressives are the only thing that works for me. I will admit that the first year... walking up and down my stairs was an adventure. It is all second nature to me now.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I heard the VA would provide hearing aids at cost so I contacted them several years ago. After 3 years of being run around by the VA I gave up and bought a pair at Costco. They are good and the service at Costco for them has been excellent.

• I tried progressives a couple of times, couldn't get used to them. I keep two pair, one for sitting at the computer and another, darkening, for everything else.

Yeah, fuck them. The darkening lenses weigh twice as much, take too long to darken, take too long to lighten once you're inside. Seamless bifocals are nice tho, and my local Walmart fucked those up twice

I just keep two pairs, the other prescription sunglasses

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• These glasses I'm replacing are the first pair in my life. Never had or needed glasses before and when I first got them, I was like. no fucking way can I do this. You guys might even remember me bitching about them here. I didn't think I could get used to them either, but you keep them on and pretty soon you don't even realize that they are progressive. Your brain will totally adjust to them.

Since I see fine other than reading, it's the way to go for me. I'm not going to fuck with taking glasses on and off every 10 seconds.

BJ, I'd not get those tinting kind either. Fuck waiting for them to get clear again.

• Yeah, fuck them. The darkening lenses weigh twice as much, take too long to darken, take too long to lighten once you're inside. Seamless bifocals are nice tho, and my local Walmart fucked those up twice

I just keep two pairs, the other prescription sunglasses

Mine don't and they change pretty fast. They've gotten better over the years.