1968 opinion

• Interesting.

What could happen if this guys performed on the same stage in half an hour with Pink Floyd (with Syd)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My Ex once pulled me into a concert of some art music, you know, with "musicians" playing fingers on ipads. But it was like PF 1967. Video screen at the back with some nothing, all things. She never listened to early PF, she didn't even know Beatles, Tomorrow never knows. She enjoyed the show and so did I - but in quite a different way. %-)

Let's put it another way, can you imagine ABBA in 1967? Could it be as cute as in 1977?

Stooges in 1985

Disco like Ottawan or Boney M in 1962

Eh?

• Good point

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021

• It goes in cycles.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• In order to be relevant, each new genre of music must be completely inaccessible to generations before. Kinda like Marty McFly playing Johnny B Goode.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

Edited once, last by Sluggo ().

• In order to be relevant, each new genre of music must be completely inaccessible to generations before. Kinda like Marty McFly playing Johnny B Goode.

Hendrix was absolutely inaccessible to anyone before 1966/7

No one did anything like Sergeant before 1967,

I wonder if some compositions without words and tune like I posted could impress listeners back than. And I'd say I like it. Back in late 80s in USSR you could rock a discoteque with records like that.

Mind that I first heard the Beatles when i was 13 in 1986. On flexible records my Dad bought ages ago. 6 songs from Abbey Road.

Hmm. Imagine Marty McFly playing not Jhonny B Goode but something like Aces High or Ace of Spades. School ball was a wrong place maybe, but on a radio it could be attractive.

• What was that movie about a Hindu guy who was the only one remembering Beatles songs? I watched it in theater in Eng subtitled in Eng. It was good, thanks for a script writer one of other three persons who remembered was Russian.

But such so-called music like i posted could emerge in 67-69 and become popular.

• I wonder if this guys who printed their record in 1988 could play back in 1973.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bad thing is that Ilya Varshavskiy went off the rocker in early 90s and turned into complete Orthodox freak

Edit: Ilya Varshavkiy was a sci-fi writer. This guy on lead guitar is Dmitriy.

• I guess that was one of the great things about living behind the Iron Curtain.

You got all of what the world had to offer through the filter of time while your people were stuck in the Jurrasic enjoying the grandeur of oppression of expression.

Yay.

• Damned ole Americans and their war machine and appetite for death just made the Soviets spend all that money that couldve made a great system work.

Sorry we helped to fuck up utopia with our meddling ways.

Maybe it will work out next time.

• Assi is a great encouragement.

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021

• I guess that was one of the great things about living behind the Iron Curtain.

You got all of what the world had to offer through the filter of time while your people were stuck in the Jurrasic enjoying the grandeur of oppression of expression.

Yay.

Interesting.

Almost everyone here agrees that a filter that worked in Soviet times was really good. We saw, for example, only decent movies, read really good books translated etc. 99% of shit you produce just wasn't here.

Compare it to your so-called culture, where you didn't ever see anything from here. Total ban. Not officially, just an invisible hand of market.

And please remember, it was YOU guys who have built an Iron Curtain.

• Again i wonder if heavy rock emerged in USSR around 1965. A good plot for an alt-history sci-fi. Radio Moscow playing something like Smoke on the Water in Russian on short waves. And US govt jamming it, so radio-amateurs build receivers to tune on 49 meters.

You guys, even ones who were born in early-70s like me, lived in a sterile society with no doubts and fears except for some evil Russians (tm) who want to burn you, while it was YOU cold-bloodly planning genocide. You never had an opportunity to try to understand. All your culture is absolutely xenophobic. And I can't blame anyone of you for that. A society built by religious freaks who got kicked out of Europe (!!!) could turn into something much worse.

• LOL i am a Soviet advocate here. At least it looks so.

Well, Euros like Dutch are closer to us, we have some common grounds. But Americans are better if we want to do something, not just sit on our ass and drink beer. Aliens who, like us, can say WTF and go working for fun. For fun of working. Наши руки не для скуки.

It's my own personal impression of dealing with Americans since 1989. All of them were and still are really great men and good friends.

• Фтщерук шткуеуыештп

бля

It's what happens when i forget to press ctrl-shift to switch to Latin from Cyrillic

Another interesting thought.

I am alone here, an Eastern-Slavic bloody commie.

At WarBirds Free Host Russia we were a majority only by a margin. Poles. Turks. Hundreds of Brazilians.

I know that after all that rearrangements them guys just abandoned this board. I just have fun with you guys and practice English after third glass. When I am sober - you are all pathetically uninteresting and awfully boring.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!