Great Deals

• I'm so fucking disgusted. Video cards are more rare than 9mm. Fuck, even the 4 year old 1050 ti I'm typing with NOW is over $300. Box has been built for 5 weeks, and there it sits. Bought a used 2 gig card for $50, ought show up late next week

"Where there is a free press the governors must live in constant awe of the opinions of the governed," Lord Macaulay

• I'm so fucking disgusted. Video cards are more rare than 9mm. Fuck, even the 4 year old 1050 ti I'm typing with NOW is over $300. Box has been built for 5 weeks, and there it sits. Bought a used 2 gig card for $50, ought show up late next week

I like this. If we actually get a stimulus check again and IF we have enough left over after taking care of some other things, THEN and only THEN will I get to buy a computer.

I could just upgrade the SSD (bigger one), replace my 4x4 RAM with 4x8 and buy a better video card.....oh wait....

• The House just passed a very bloated stim bill but it does include a $1,400 stim check. It'll likely pass the Senate and Biden's just a rubber stamp.

• I'm printing the 3D mod for the X-56 stick now. Springs come tomorrow from Amazon but I may make a trip to the hardware store today.

You really only need the springs, a tie strap, and some screws to do this mod. Will let you know how it works.

I gave my brother my X-55 and I'm really doing this on mine to see if it will help him. Reviews say this mod is a game changer.

• The way the X-55 and X-56 are designed you get a slight friction break moving the stick from center. It's not much but when you are trying to make very fine inputs from center it can be very annoying. Removing the center spring and adding this mod eliminates that completely.

• I like this. If we actually get a stimulus check again and IF we have enough left over after taking care of some other things, THEN and only THEN will I get to buy a computer.

I could just upgrade the SSD (bigger one), replace my 4x4 RAM with 4x8 and buy a better video card.....oh wait....

That's close to what I did, (absent the utterly unobtainable video card, of course)

"Where there is a free press the governors must live in constant awe of the opinions of the governed," Lord Macaulay

• Well, The center collar worked out fine and the post were strong enough but the bottom "nuts" just wouldn't print strong enough. So I got some screw that are a close fit for the unthreaded holes, a couple winds with electrical tape and they are secure. The springs I bought today at true value aren't strong enough for a good return to center. We'll see how the ones I ordered from Amazon work. With stronger springs this will be much better than as designed.

• If you're desperate...

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

Paraphrased from his 1838 speech at the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois.