The British take on the modern suburb

• Give me fucking strength.

I was thinking of a new build home as the old stone buildings of my city come with their own set of issues.

But yeah fuck that.

Of all the ideas to try, the American style souless suburbia is not one of them.

• That's not American suburbia.

• Even in the city in the DFW metroplex where over 7 million (maybe over 8 now) live it does not look like that inside the city. I lived on this street in the relative heart of Dallas decades ago.

• man...that makes american suburbia look like the soul train.... Britain has always been like that though... and to top it off they cost the earth and then some

• The first pic I posted on Mercedes street is where I lived when I graduated highschool in '72. I lived in a house that was replaced by the first one on the right.

• It's tough. They live on a medium sized island. There are three counties in the US that are larger than the entire UK

1. San Bernadino, California (20,105 square miles)
    2. Coconino, Arizona (18,661 square miles)
    3. Nye, Nevada (18,159 square miles)
    4. Elko, Nevada (17,203 square miles)
    5. Mohave, Arizona (13,470 square miles)
    6. Apache, Arizona (11,218 square miles)
    7. Lincoln, Nevada (10,637 square miles)
    8. Sweetwater, Wyoming (10,491 square miles)
    9. Inyo, California (10,227 square miles)

UK 93,628 square miles

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• That's good. Now name some counties in Alaska.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Chug it milo.

Happy to help with your education.:love

That's good. Now name some counties in Alaska.

There are no counties in Alaska, there are boroughs tho.:blueflower

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• "I lived on this street in the relative heart of Dallas decades ago.."

Kinda depends. When we were in Highland Park I'm told the neighbor lady complained about my nursery that was across from her bedroom.

When we were in Bluff View we never actually saw the folks across the street. Almost 20 years there.

Both are considered to be decent neighborhoods.

• And this street before I moved from Texas to Idaho. No, suburbs here do not look like that.

That's a typical neighborhood anywhere I've ever been .

That thing Jeros posted looks similar to a castle courtyard. LOL. Shit all scattered around and melding into each other.

Fuck the UK. I'd never live there.