Porsche...

• never really been a big fan. Back in the day I had a shot at a 356A 'speedster' these were chopped top roadsters that looked bitchin. They had like 90 horse power.. LOL total fucking slugs. seriously. I had a clapped out Healey with a 3000 motor in it at the time that put out maybe twice that. Guy wanted to trade.. I drove his glorified VW and said naaaa...

This one is fucking cool.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• When I win the lotto I'm getting one of those 550 Spyder replicas.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• you just won lotto...why would you cheap out... go on...get a real one

The replicas are better than the originals and I wouldn't be afraid to beat the shit out of it.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I wanted a Porsche so bad when I was a kid. Coolest looking car ever. Then I ran into a mechanic. He was saying the reason the lines are so good is that they fill in the variances with lead.

• Totally.

• I wanted a Porsche so bad when I was a kid. Coolest looking car ever. Then I ran into a mechanic. He was saying the reason the lines are so good is that they fill in the variances with lead.

All cars were faired with lead. Lead won't crack or shrink.

• My auto mechanic teacher, a German, in HS had one.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• The speedsters had lead ballast in the firewall.

lazs

Bullshit! About the only lead ballast they used was the lead acid battery. I wonder where you come up with some of this shit.

All cars used lead up until the mid 80's when it was banned,the A post and C posts were smoothed out using lead to fill the joints.It's one of the reasons car dont have rain gutters on the roof anymore. I was one of the slugs who smoothed out the lead,if you tear off a vinyl roof on a early 80's or older car you will see the lead as we didnt have to smooth it out as much and a non-vinyl roof unit.

I'm with smuggo on ths one I'd get a replica too with a turbo'd VW motor of around 150 to 200 ponies. My wife had a carman and I wanted to do a turbo on it but the thing was rusted where the rear suspension mounted and wasnt worth repairing back then. Wish we still had the carman,was a neat little car.

• The fake indian is calling bullshit?

lazs

Ya like I said bullshit,it's up to you to prove me wrong,but you wont. Like saying you have to add ballast to a chevy jag conversion cause it's too light. sure if 70 or 80 pounds make a difference on a 3500+pound car with a weight forward bias.

Show me a pic of this ballast,or a link that says they used it,and I'm not talking about the battery.

• Why would a car that is already tail heavy have ballast in a firewall?

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln