Another vid of the Floyd killing. I think the chink....err Asian is probably going to jail too

• I never said that it was correct. I said that it was policy. I never said that I agreed with the policy. See also my reply above regarding their policies.

I wasn’t arguing.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Is it irrelevant when the "science" behind the policy is non-existent? Because the science behind this is non-existent the fact that they were "following policy" (even though they really weren't) shouldn't save them.

I think it's entirely relevant because ONLY the police (and their associates) recognize excited delirium as a medical condition. It's entirely made up bullshit by cops to protect themselves.

It's not relevant to this case. Law enforcement officers don't hold medical degrees. They're given policy, and expected to execute it. And punished if they don't. It's worse to break policy and have something go wrong. If you follow policy and things go bad, you're normally covered. In this case, they need a scapegoat. What happened was bad, and wrong, but it was caused by policy.

Is it relevant to whether or not the policy should be changed? Sure. The policy sucks. THe restraint methods should be changed. It actually doesn't even matter what the reaction to being arrested is called. It exists. The method of dealing with it needs to be changed.

• It's not relevant to this case. Law enforcement officers don't hold medical degrees. They're given policy, and expected to execute it. And punished if they don't. It's worse to break policy and have something go wrong. If you follow policy and things go bad, you're normally covered. In this case, they need a scapegoat. What happened was bad, and wrong, but it was caused by policy.

Is it relevant to whether or not the policy should be changed? Sure. The policy sucks. THe restraint methods should be changed. It actually doesn't even matter what the reaction to being arrested is called. It exists. The method of dealing with it needs to be changed.

The SS were just following orders.

• Why not? You people argue about everything.

No, we don’t.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Is "they were following department policy" really any different from the rank and file SS who were just "following orders"? Rank and file dipshits in both cases doing what they're told and not what they should.

The SS went to prison and so should Chauvin and the Asian.

• If cops shoot someone in the back they should be found guilty.

If a drunk redneck, resisted arrest, stole a taser, and was running away shooting it backwards...nevermind. It would be all over the news and people would burn down a Stuckeys in retaliation.

• Wow! Does Stuckeys even exist anymore?

I remember on long trips as a kid and into my teens we would count the Stuckys signs and see who could spot the most just to relieve the boredom. Back then you could hit loong spans of road where there was NOTHING and no radio stations would come in worth listening to .. Same thing with Pedros South of the Border signs (There was one as far north as just outside of Philly as of 10 years ago).

I havent seen an actual Stuckys in probably 25 years.

About 14 years ago my daughter and I took a trip to see my mother in Port St Luci Fla, on the way back we counted Cracker barrel signs. Which is what seems to have replaced Stuckeys there was like 142 of them between there and home

• That's all you people do is argue.

lazs

Trying to get my nephew here.

The one that tried convincing me the titanic was a hoax and that it was her sister ship that was sunk intentionally for insurance money.
    He also tried saying that nothing ever built by slaves has lasted.
    Vaccines are a hoax

To know him...Envision a real life Bart Simpson mixed with both Beevis AND Butthead.

• Interesting thing the other day. Two of them were trainees, literally in their first days on the job. And they questioned what was happening, so their lawyers are trying to get the charges reduced or dismissed. One of the statements literally has the guy with the knee on his neck quoting department policy on keeping a suspect in "excited delirium" restrained heavily, face down. Part of the defense is obviously that a training officer was following and demonstrating department policy. Now, department policy is bad, and wrong. But it is still department policy. That's going to make getting a conviction on the exaggerated charges more difficult. Which, by the way, is exactly what the antifa/BLM/muslim democrat state AG, Keith Ellison wants. Mark my word, they WANT a dismissal, or a minor conviction on reduced charges, to create more unrest.

What outcome would you prefer to see in that case?

I mean, considering that you don't get to decide the charges.

• What outcome would you prefer to see in that case?

I mean, considering that you don't get to decide the charges.

What I want is irrelevant. All that matters is the law. And the way the law reads in most states, the most that anyone is guilty of is 2nd degree manslaughter. Murder charges require a lot more, that just has not and probably will not be proven. I could not and would not vote to convict on a murder charge unless they could present a lot of excellent evidence that so far has not even been mentioned. I never look at things like this from the stand point of what I want. Wants and emotions do not apply in a court of law, they have no place in a court of law. Evidence is the only thing that matters. It was bad, it was wrong, it was ugly, it was inexcusable. It was at most 2nd degree manslaughter.

• What I want is irrelevant. All that matters is the law. And the way the law reads in most states, the most that anyone is guilty of is 2nd degree manslaughter. Murder charges require a lot more, that just has not and probably will not be proven. I could not and would not vote to convict on a murder charge unless they could present a lot of excellent evidence that so far has not even been mentioned. I never look at things like this from the stand point of what I want. Wants and emotions do not apply in a court of law, they have no place in a court of law. Evidence is the only thing that matters. It was bad, it was wrong, it was ugly, it was inexcusable. It was at most 2nd degree manslaughter.

Ok, I see your point about the AG. Being a prosecutor, he has to be on good terms with the police. So if Chauvin is found not guilty:

1. The police are happy because they always want *their* murderers to walk free.

2. Bad department policy is exposed and will have to change.

3. More rioting and never-ending discussions about Wokeness (aka free Biden campaign work).

4. High-profile exposure for said prosecutor... fighting for justice and 'falling upward' into a political appointment, elected office, or think-tank position.

Seems plausible enough, assuming the policy actually covers his actions.

• Involuntary Manslaughter

Involuntary Manslaughter is defined as an unintentional killing that results either from criminal negligence or the commission of a low-level criminal act such as a misdemeanor. It is distinguished from other forms of homicide because it does not require deliberation or premeditation, or intent.

2-3 years max.

I’d put money on it.

• Involuntary Manslaughter

Involuntary Manslaughter is defined as an unintentional killing that results either from criminal negligence or the commission of a low-level criminal act such as a misdemeanor. It is distinguished from other forms of homicide because it does not require deliberation or premeditation, or intent.

2-3 years max.

I’d put money on it.

Smart bet.

• Keith Ellison is the state AG. He doesn't give a french flying fuck about the police. He's a failed democrat senator. He's a drooling muslim, and a backer of both BLM and antifa. He's also a domestic abuser.

The policy is state wide. It probably won't change. If they wanted it changed, he could have already changed it. He doesn't give a french flying fuck about black people, either.

I'm betting the rioting is going to go against the democrats. The vast majority of working class Americans are long sick of it.

He's been a national figure for years. He shit in his own mess kit, several times. He's doomed to being a lackey in perpetuity.

Their policy for "excited delirium" is heavy restraint until complete compliance. The state also allows carotid pressure on both side of the neck, at the same time, until compliance or collapse.