Bye bye Confederate flag

• The Confederate flag can no longer be flown at NASCAR races.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• And?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Been that way for a few years now. So you are all giddy because NASCAR is announcing it again?

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• They gona tell a bunch of their customers that they can't fly that flag? Attendance has been slipping ever since they started that"all cars the same" thing. So good luck with that. No viewers, no sponsors, no race. The drivers will have to go back to running shine and racing real "stock cars" on local dirt tracks.

• Been that way for a few years now. So you are all giddy because NASCAR is announcing it again?

Giddy? not at all. If I am not mistaken it is the battle flag, not the flag of the Confederacy.

Announcing again? Not quite.

NASCAR has been under pressure for years to ban the flag that has long been prevalent at its racetracks and flown on RVs at its infields on race days.

In 2015, then-NASCAR CEO and Chairman Brian France referred to the flag as an "offensive and divisive symbol."

His remarks were prompted by the killings of nine African Americans in a South Carolina church.

France subsequently implemented a flag exchange program at all racing events in which fans could trade in a Confederate flag for an American one.

The latest directive comes just days after popular driver Darrell "Bubba" Wallace — the only African American racing in its top circuit — called for the flag's ouster.

Mississippi, is going to in trouble as well.

255px-Flag_of_Mississippi.svg.png

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• :picard

Ohio has a meatball.

163px-Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png

• The first crack in the wall of intolerance.

<<<

On Wednesday, NASCAR announced that it was banning the flying of Confederate flags at its races. Also Wednesday, Ciccarelli shared a message on his Facebook page indicating he will quit racing after the 2020 season:

“Well its been a fun ride and dream come true but if this is the direction Nascar is headed we will not participate after 2020 season is over, i don’t believe in kneeling during Anthem nor taken ppl right to fly what ever flag they love. I could care less about the Confederate Flag but there are ppl that do and it doesn’t make them a racist all you are doing is f****** one group to cater to another and i ain’t spend the money we are to participate in any political BS!! So everything is for SALE!! Sarah Ciccarelli”
    >>>
  • Actual confederate flag, historically correct.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• The first crack in the wall of intolerance.

<<<

On Wednesday, NASCAR announced that it was banning the flying of Confederate flags at its races. Also Wednesday, Ciccarelli shared a message on his Facebook page indicating he will quit racing after the 2020 season:

“Well its been a fun ride and dream come true but if this is the direction Nascar is headed we will not participate after 2020 season is over, i don’t believe in kneeling during Anthem nor taken ppl right to fly what ever flag they love. I could care less about the Confederate Flag but there are ppl that do and it doesn’t make them a racist all you are doing is f****** one group to cater to another and i ain’t spend the money we are to participate in any political BS!! So everything is for SALE!! Sarah Ciccarelli”
    >>>

Military bases named after Confederate solders should get new names - E. Warren.

• Why?

• funny thing is it isnt the flag of the confederacy but the flag of the army of Northern Virginia

What someone should do is show up with this flag and see if anyone cares or notices

255px-Bonnie_Blue_flag.svg.png

Or even this one

flag-Confederate-States-of-America-design-times-March-1861.jpg

Most people wouldn't know the confederate flag if a member of the KKK used one to lynch them with it

• That is the 1st national flag with 7 stars (March 4 – May 21, 1861)

The next one had 9 stars, then 11 stars and then 13 stars (December 10, 1861 – May 1, 1863)

The final flag the "Blood-Stained Banner" was adopted March 4, 1865.

1280px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_(1865).svg.png

• The reason the Anglo-Normans refused to acknowledge the southern confederacy was mostly due to the still smarting bruises and welts the southerners had administered to Cornwallis during the previous civil war at the end of the 18th century.

• Cornwallis' superior officer was Sir Henry Clinton.