Wrag... 38 super

• Ok... what that round is... is a 30 mauser round.. same same. it was designed for the broomhandle mauser. Churchill used one.

The tokerev is really a 1911 copy. The russians took the mauser round and put in a copy of a 1911 tho smaller.. and called the whole works tokarev.

I should have bought 3 or four when they were cheap... and you could buy 1400 rounds for like $100 I went with the Makarov guns instead. Figure around 1300-1400 fps for the little 85 grain pills.

In a way it does compare somewhat to the 38 super and such but only energy wise. Think of it more like a 32 auto on steroids. The pistols are reliable and pretty accurate and still cheap but the ammo has gone way up.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Ok... the 30 mauser... the 7.62 by 25... the 32 auto... the .30 carbine.. 327 mag... all the various 32 longs and shorts and H&R are all really........................308's

The .327 mag is only slightly more potent than the tok round. one thing they both... and the .30 carbine all have in common besides energy and bullet size..... is muzzle blast. And... they are loud.

My .30 lazs project was simply to make a round that was rimmed for my brothers .30 carbine blackhawk. It is a success in that regard using the 32-20 brass.

There is no semi auto pistol tho in the 32 caliber range being made today that is the velocity of the tok... or the .327 federal.

I actually think there would be a market for a modern 32 super. Lengthen the 32 auto case and chamber it in a modern mid sized auto.. even a plastic one.... Think 30 round of ammo with 500 pounds of energy each. Problem is that if you ever fire it or the tok without hearing protection you will have hearing damage.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.