Divorces

• Nevermind, read it wrong...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• It's not rocket science. Put one another first in all things, married forever.

well... some women are just... keepers... but sadly I have yet to get one...

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• A Man marries a Woman thinking she will never change, She does.

A Woman marries a Man thinking that he will change, he does not.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• geeze mom if you are gonna get all middle eastern mystic religion on me then how am I supposed to get it?

But... I do understand divorce ....

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• They don't come as keepers you train them as such, much as you would a dog, horse or other chattel.

Some things can't be trained, they have to be a innate characteristic. Further, the excessively "trained" usually lack spirit.

You cannot often change anyone to any great degree. Often, if you do, you end up changing other things about them, and end up with something you don't want.

If ALL of the main and basic characteristics and qualities aren't there to begin with, along with plenty of mutual interests, it never really works. Sure, you might force things along, I did, for thirty years. But it is never really good, and never really works.

• Sorry, I assumed a certain level of compatibility to begin with. Training may not be the best, most descriptive word. Fine tuning might be better. In a long term and inevitably dynamic relationship you train each other about likes and peeves. often non verbally.

• It's pretty tough because either (I'll speak for myself) I:

-ignore what I don't like and pretend I shouldn't not like it

-change myself so I do like it

I find it hard to defend something (be it behavior or actions) when I don't have enough belief in said behavior or action to defend it in the first place.

I wonder if marriage is just a crap shoot. Out of hundreds of millions of people in this country, billions on the planet, is it reasonable to think there is only one person? Is it reasonable to think neither will change over time?

• what? something has become suddenly intolerable? I'll tell you what, if it were I at this stage in the journey it's smarter for both of us to finish together. the time for dumping is behind me.

If I were to leave frau storch today I would remain single till the day I transitioned.

ymmv

• I think over time, your (you and hers) interests slowly merge together (with minor exceptions) or the whole thing ends badly

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.