Divorces

• Most people give up too easy.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Way I see it... too often anymore they marry and are already lookin at who gets what when they part...

to me marriage is SUPPOSED to be about partners that help each other and learn how to improve things...

and improve life for each other...

also to build things for the generation that follows... hope they remove that damned death tax!

better to NOT marry if you can not find such a partner...

but still have a relationship... 100 miles apart?

cool but thinkin... might be a bit too far for a quickie? :biggrin:dunno

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Wrag's right, there are a lot these days that go in already thinking about what happens when it doesn't work out. I know a few married couples who have separate checking accounts. They split all the bills and then his money is his and hers is hers. I always found that so strange, like they are never fully committed to the marriage...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Quickie my ass. I've never had a "quickie"

I haven't done a quickie since my teens.

These days if we finish inside a half an hour it's considered a quickie.

There are times when I seriously envy guy with hair triggers... My stamina isn't what it used to be 30 years ago... Back then the ability to easily last over an hour was a bonus lol

These days it's becoming a curse.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• I used to be a 1 hour man. No one ever told me that could be tedious for the female recipient. I've just never been quick to finish.

Ain't no way I'm maintaining an erection for an hour these days.

So I guess I'm at the quickie stage of my life.

Next stop, erection pills. Having one testicle was not an issue til I passed 50.

• in fairness on a new girl I tend to get overly excited so what I used to do is rub one off about 1/2 prior then I'd be good. today I don't suspect I'd need to. Additionally if I did rub one off we'd be done for a few hours.

• Wrag's right, there are a lot these days that go in already thinking about what happens when it doesn't work out. I know a few married couples who have separate checking accounts. They split all the bills and then his money is his and hers is hers. I always found that so strange, like they are never fully committed to the marriage...

I make twice what she makes but we still share an account. We put 1/2 what we make in the pot and keep the rest with exception to my overtime, that's all mine.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

Most people give up too easy.

I sure did. Fury, I'm glad it's only a week from over, or at least a week from some results and information. You don't seem the type to need much advice, I just hope that you're treated fairly.

I like another who posted here didn't take SLuggo's advice. After 7 years I left my xwife in 2003 Oct 30, a week after both of our birthdays, as I felt a pull and call to go work with my friends in the PMC field, and she "forbid" it, and demanded "kids right now". I'd already left one job I loved and made huge $ at in order to "be home" instead of in the field to help her with the "5 kids starting immediately" thing, sold3 of my 4 vehicles, the fun sports cars I'd loved and babied for years to buy her HER house - one she put 0 of the 25% down, nor made a single mortgage payment, or most other payments of anything, for years.

I left with the spare bed, by firearms vaults, a PC and a desk. Nothing else, she go the home, all the equity, our vehicle - which I of course had put the down payment and paid for - all of it. The real kick in the balls was the 1st Calgary housing boom happened 6 months later and our 1300 sq detached went from 199 to 450k, when she sold it, and kept ALL the proceeds, of which everything other than about 12 999$ mortgage payments were mine, about 350$ k total as there was about 100$ left on it when I gave it to her. She even stole my fucking cat in her lawyers docs, which I didn't bother fighting.

I have a pre nup in place already with my new one, who actually has more $ than me, and whose family owns a large helicopter and heli skiing operation among other things, not that I anticipate any further problems, she stuck with me through 4 years of spending more time looking after my folks than her, and she spent as much time doing that as I have.

So good luck Fury, I hope and pray you're treated fairly by the courts, and that you can put this all behind you, and move forward and have some fun with your life.

• Where's she buried?

Where's she buried?

Hah, I was bitter for a while, especially 6 months after I left her she inherited about 500$k, USD no less making it about 800 of our money, not to mention years of me supporting her education/low pay, etc, she got a big promotion becoming a brand ambassador and national trainer for Prizm brands inc up here (They owned Pepsi, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC, etc at the time) - meanwhile I'd walked with little but the cash/assets I had saved, which were nothing compared to the home/cars/etc I left her.

I didn't matter, I ended up being hired by Sig and several other companies and was pulling in $1500 USD per days on many contracts, which in "our" money up here was 2500 per day - and a Big Mac cost the same number here as in the USA back then, so it was all relative. I too made out well in the next bigger real estate boom, flipping my first house post divorce for a 200k profit, and then even more on the next one 2 years later.

She got what she wanted - she remarried a male flight attendant (yes, that made me feel much better and I still laugh when I think of thata), a "guy" she could control and walk over, and she has 5 kids now, which is 5 more than I ever wanted. So after a few years of being bitter and resentful towards her, I'm now really happy she got what she always wanted, and even more happy she got it without it being foisted on me.

Still, without knowing anything about Fury's situation, I do worry about him, as I know the laws in the USA regarding divorce with men aren't always favorable, and I'll be thinking and praying on the 30th that he prevails and gets what he's owed and what he deserves, legally and otherwise.

Sorry for the tilldeer length posts, but I'm still unable to sleep, I've spent so many of the last months being up all night, that trying to sleep anything more than 1 hours straight has become very elusive, I got 5 yesterday, but it's back to same battime and batchannel. Always interesting things to post about here, and I care more about the people on this forum than on any of the other ones.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.