Video Cards

• Read an article recently that Nvidia has a new engine for the 30 series cards that will make short work of ray tracing. The current 20 series cards do ray tracing but take a pretty big performance hit so I hear.

• Looks like prices are finally coming down. This is pretty good value. $659 with codes.

https://www.newegg.com/evga-ge…3081-kr/p/N82E16814487461

A new line is expected from both Nvidia and AMD this year so expect the current gen prices to drop.

I would buy a used video card but so many have been fucked by bitcoin mining firmwares and returned to Amazon and other outlets as "like new".

No trees were killed in the posting of this bullshit, however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Later this year if the next gen cards hit the market we may see 2080TI cards drop below $800. They're over $1100 now. Ray tracing has not become main stream yet. The next gen cards may change that.

• I remember back in the 80's doing some ray traced images with my Amiga 2000. Might have been with Sculpt 3D. Could take hours to generate one high res ray traced pic. Now it's real time.

• 2080 Ti or wait for next gen.

I'll be back in Vikingland in a day or two, and I'll stick with my 1080 Ti (OC) until Nv releases its next gen GPU generation. I always skip one gen...

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• When the new 3080ti/3090/Titan card comes out in few months, I'll have a few 2080ti for sale. I always sell my previous gen GPU pot upgrade cheap to friends on the Hardware Canucks forum up here in Canada, but I'll put them up here first this time in case anyone wants a cheap upgrade from whatever they're using to a 2080ti. I have 2 Zotac AMP and one eVGA 2080ti FTW3.

• Just got the Ryzen 9 3950X plugged in. Waiting for Nv to release the magic... (Yes that's Ripley on the floor. Still working on moving in to this place. Waiting on my new winter car to arrive so I can go buy stuff... )

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• Once the 3080 series is out I'll have a better estimate Elfie. Put it this way - I've never had an add up longer than 30 minutes without a sale, and usually a dozen+ offers of "if your sale falls through" etc.

Nice Gscholz, when the new NV stuff is out at least one of my PC mb/cpu upgrades is going to be AMD this time, and that'll be the first time in a LONG time. Good times. 3950x is a pretty fantastic processor, not cheap, but worth it if you can take advantage of it.

• I have a storage unit in Bergen full of... um... shit. It's just that the Cat is not the most practical of moving vans, and The Rona has delayed the delivery of my Range Rover. So I'm like just chilling with the small stuff I could fit in the Cat and some IKEA furniture I could get delivered.

• I have a storage unit in Bergen full of... um... shit. It's just that the Cat is not the most practical of moving vans, and The Rona has delayed the delivery of my Range Rover. So I'm like just chilling with the small stuff I could fit in the Cat and some IKEA furniture I could get delivered.

Could you explain a bit more as I'm not familiar with where you're living and what you're driving based on past posts you made. Are you living in Spain right now, and just keep a residence back in Norway? Did you buy a new Range Rover? We looked at a couple about 2 years ago when we leased our new car and sold the GTR. Very nice SUVs, probably the best we drove in, we liked them better than the Merc and Porshe SUVs.