Dead Man's Crew

• Got a new book that I wrote. It's a high-staked thriller that involves the crew of a US nuclear submarine.

Here's the story

A US Nuclear sub goes and embarks on a 1 year mission. After three months at sea the coronavirus happens but they are unaware because they are not allowed to talk with the outside world for 1 year.

On board, a sailor named Hopscotch is sleeping. He wakes in the night nite not able to breath. After being rushed to sick bay that motherfucker died. No one thought much of it so they just stuck his body into a torpedo shoot and fired his ass into the giant garbage dump that is the ocean. ( I added an environmental message to my book too to help fight global warming)

Three days later, Captain Honeycut is thinking about Hopscotch. "Hmmm. That guy just died so fast" and he orders a full optopsy on him. Captain Honeycut has been fighting a dry cough for a week, so he bunks down for the night with his lover, Japson.

The next day Hoptscotch's optopsy comes in. The doctor says In a stern voice. "Get Honecut"

I won't tell you all the whole fucking story but the crew all gets coronavirus and they all die, except gay lover, Japson but he has AIDS.

Japson is forced to run the nuclear submarine for another 9 months by himself. He can't surface or call anybody.

That's why the book is called Dead Man's Crew. It's because he's running a ship full of dead guys.

(It's not all gloom and death though. There's a funny scene where Japson positions a bunch of dead guys at a table and has a big Thanksgiving meal with them.)

Japson has no idea if the virus is contagious. Could it spead to the outside world?

He thinks about if he should fire his nukes at China.

The book is a wild rollercoaster ride of thrillers and emotions.

You'll have to read it to find out how it ends.

• this has Hollywood written all over it

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• Leftist Hollywierd.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I like this story a lot, and maybe I can add my 5 cents....

Ok, so Japson has the sub all to himself, and maybe he could keep the command staff guys (and their valets) corpses in the lunch room of the sub. Like just propped up, moldy baloney sandwiches in hand, kind of like the dead pirates in the treasure room of the goonies.

THis doesn't really add to the story, but it's like atmosphere or art direction stuff.

Next, Japson isn't really super well versed in the workings of the sub, but he knows a little bit of everything, so he's like able to go around the world, but his grasp of navigation and systems isn't he greatest, so there's a lot of randomivity to where he surfaces. So like Doctor Who a bit in the Tardis, you never know where he'll surface or what adventuress await.

It could kind of like he surfaces (keeps the sub hidden off shore) then explores mysterious ruins of civilization (the earth basically destroyed as we know it from Corona flu). So he could be like Chardton heston in the Beta Man or whatever, but also like that Bronson guy on the motorbike - like he rows to shoar in a dingy, finds survivors and helps them out like a friendly stranger, but always has to keep moving on and not settling down with some lost hottie (doctor cartwrights hot daughter Flo etc after saving someone's life doing an appendix surgery with a sharp rock.

Then you could have the chinese being the only semi intact nation, and Japson could do hit and runs against the chiense empire - kind of like Captain Nemo agains the british empire way way back in the king kong days. He could be a one man retribution squad getting revenge on the chicoms and he when everything is burning and sinking up above the keel line, he could be down below in the lunch room with his dead pirate friends, playing the organ like a madman.

I love this man.

• Here's a kickass ending. Japson died from the virus when the rest of the crew did but he doesn't know it. It's a ghost sub.

• Very nice.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• YEah then he slowly relizes it's the Sub of the Dead and they're really not on the prime material plane anymore, and are like ethereal, between heaven, hell and earth.. .like limbo, and the sub is really ont he river styx, where they'll have to do battle, mano-a-mano vs CHarron who had a battleship.

Then it can be like that movie where the sub captain and the battleship wage an epic war - and the sub can play dead at one point, jettisoning the rogues gallery of pirates in the lunch room so the bodies float on the water along with a fake oil slick... so Charron lets his guard down and.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Game over man.

• Wow... Next time call spoiler alert, asshole.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• But at the very very end he wakes up in his bunk. As he wipes the sweat from his brow relieved to find it all a dream his bunkmates start coughing.

• From that ending you could continue with a sequel. You wouldn't even need to write another book. Just copy and paste in the original.

• Beta Man

Omega Man. That movie terrified me when my older sister made me watch it with her when I was a kid.

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.