To Save All of Mankind Ep. 3 Parts 1 and 2

• We finally have another episode of Saving All of Mankind.

Today we're dispensing with the Coronavirus. I was fortunate enough to find a very healthy one.

Part 1 starts off a bit rough but the introduction is key.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Part 2 had an issue as well. My Trigger came off my wrist which caused a bit of a delay.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BTW, I was exhausted, Just spent an hour in the woods Mushroom Hunting plus climbed a hill by the archery range 3 times.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this amateurish production. Hope I'm never polished though.

• Archery Platform.jpg

Spitbull suggested I shoot from a stand. So I did. This one is about 7 feet tall, maybe 8 feet.

Forty Yard Target.jpg

That's the target way back there to the right. I think it's 40 yards but it sure looked further. I need a range finder. Any Suggestions?

Set of Four at 40 Yards.jpg

This was my best set. My first set was way low though they hit the bag. After adjusting the 40 yard pin the next set was way high. I am still not sure if it's correct. Only practice will tell. I lost an arrow on the 2nd set. There are woods and brush right behind the bales and that rascal flew away.

The arrow to the far right and low just plain got away from me. It's tough to hold that bow steady when aiming that far. I really enjoyed the challenge I put before myself.

I wanted to record the shots but left the freaking camera at home! It is so cool to shoot that far and for that split second you ponder will it hit. It would had made a great video. Oh well, next time.

Oh, I have a new camera coming. A go-pro. I sure hope it's better than the one I got. It's highly rated and waterproof.

• I'm really not very steady but I shoot a bow very well. I don't shoot for "pattern" inside of 20 yards because the arrows are too dam expensive. Try different things like your grip on the bow. I shoot "flat handed". That is my hand is flat on the grip with only my index finger and thumb. The downside is you can get swatted by the string on your wrist much easier. The upside is that you get far less left and right misses because you aren't "torqueing" the bow. One other thing I do is not "set on" target very long. Draw the bow, be above or below where you want to hit. Then move vertically until you're on your "spot" and release.

Oh and, if you try shooting flat hand a bow sling sometimes helps. It helps you resist the urge to grab the bow because it will want to tip forward upon releasing the arrow.

See the source image

• I'm really not very steady but I shoot a bow very well. I don't shoot for "pattern" inside of 20 yards because the arrows are too dam expensive. Try different things like your grip on the bow. I shoot "flat handed". That is my hand is flat on the grip with only my index finger and thumb. The downside is you can get swatted by the string on your wrist much easier. The upside is that you get far less left and right misses because you aren't "torqueing" the bow. One other thing I do is not "set on" target very long. Draw the bow, be above or below where you want to hit. Then move vertically until you're on your "spot" and release.

Oh and, if you try shooting flat hand a bow sling sometimes helps. It helps you resist the urge to grab the bow because it will want to tip forward upon releasing the arrow.

See the source image

Yes, I need that bow sling. I try to shoot flat handed but sometimes forget. I noticed I was gripping too hard in the first couple of sets. Another thing I've noticed about using the flat handed method is the bow stays naturally vertical as can be seen by the horizontal bubble on the site.

Oh, I have been swatted by the string when using the flat handed method. To reduce this I've been experimenting with my stance, leaving it a little open, trying to get little more of a triangle between my left hand, the bow, and my right arm. Well, as much as possible without adding an incredible amount of strain.

I can tell you flaws that may not show at 20 yards will definitely show up at 40 yards.

It's just fun! I like shooting firearms but this is a wonderful challenge plus it's great exercise. I've gotten considerably stronger. I can remember almost not being able to pull the bow back. Now it is much easier.

In fact, when I first got the bow I couldn't pull it back. So I looked it up, the advice, lift weights! LOL, Uhg! I thought there was something wrong with the bow. Nope, with me!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!