Oh, Canada! Asswipe Trudeau bans "assault" gun and others 1500 of them. Effective immediately.

• No worries,It was just an FYI. Plenty of things are different here,thats why I stay here and dont live in the states.

Ya red I get that but.... pennies on the dollar unless you sell at the right time.Just like most collections.When a person passes the family has to deal with the possessions, usually it's gotten rid of as fast as possible and like I said for pennies on the dollar.

I have a friend who has a rather large toy train collection,some of the cars are worth several grand each and he has a couple of display cases full of them. I told him he should get rid of them before he passes as he knows the value and all he said was well I'll be dead wtf will I care. So his family will likely lose out many thousands of dollars because.....pennies on the dollar. But hey he gets to look at his trains and tell his friends all about them and even fires them up and will let you run them,well not the real expensive ones. I just dont get it,I'd rather have coin and leave that to the family,then they get dollars on the dollars.... But thats just me.

Here the NFA act of 1986 made it illegal to sell full autos to the public manufactured after that date. Since then the majority of legally transferable full autos goes up in price an average of 20% per year. So not really pennies on the dollar but not a get rich quick scheme either. Pretty solid investment to get 20% per year on your coin though.

• It's fascinating watching livestock being domesticated.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Here the NFA act of 1986 made it illegal to sell full autos to the public manufactured after that date. Since then the majority of legally transferable full autos goes up in price an average of 20% per year. So not really pennies on the dollar but not a get rich quick scheme either. Pretty solid investment to get 20% per year on your coin though.

Ya and I suspect there are some other guns that appreciate in value but something is only worth what someone will pay you for it.

• The surprise cop inspection thing has been around a long time - so long that I had a "courtesy call" once back when I still lived in Canada.

Basically a knock-knock and they asked if I still owned firearms (they knew because I had an FAC permit). They then asked if everything was locked up properly, I said yes, and they basically said have a nice day and left - and actually said sorry. They were sympathetic - basically doing the bare minimum to say they "checked". They never asked to see anything and never entered my house (it was a polite talk through the doorway).

I'm sure it was all a result of some nosy old broad seeing me walk out of the house with a rifle case.

These guys were oldtimers and of course this is like 25 years ago. This generation of cop in Canada is long retired. Nowadays you'd likely get the knock-knock check from a Muslim with a chip on his shoulder, or worse an Pete Rose Bulldyke (thank you Airhead) officeresse. At best you'd get a young guy who is terrified of civilians owning firearms.

Again, gun ownership and the overwhelming desire to be able to carry a concealed pistol in my day to day life was a major motivator for me moving to the USA and I'm glad I did.

You really appreciate freedom once you get it back after it's been taken from you, or has been denied your whole life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!