2020 Election Day?

• So sad that you're not getting subsidized healthcare. You will tho :)

• Right now, only people with money get to sue.

That much won't change :)

• Right now, only people with money get to sue.

That much won't change :)

Not even close to how it works. The one suing needs no money. The lawyers go after those who do. They will not be able to go after the government. You should know this. I'm wasting my time.

• This "way of life" you think I'm attacking? Here's how one of your wise leaders' decisions are playing out:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lib…-reporting-223048295.html

• Home

MailNewsFinanceSportsEntertainmentSearchMobileMore

Yahoo

Search

Search NewsSearch web

Skip to NavigationSkip to Main ContentSkip to Related Content

Sign in5+Mail

News Home

Follow Us

CoronavirusUSWorldPolitics2020 ElectionHealthScienceOriginalsContact UsVideosPodcasts

Coronavirus

Live updates tracking the pandemic

U.S.

Liberty University students choose sides after fallout from coronavirus reporting

Marquise Francis

National Reporter & Producer

Yahoo News•March 31, 2020

2,263 Comments

Read full article

2,263 reactions

Sign in to post a message.

37 viewing

Top Reactions

Diane13 hours ago

As I was told by a Liberty University student who lived next door to us..."if you have money and a pulse, you can get into Liberty." He admitted himself that he was not a great student and couldn't get in anywhere else. Liberty has a very cult-like atmosphere. There's a good reason why Jerry Jr. is a Trump fan...like minds think alike. Take your tuition money elsewhere. For further proof, look up the statistics as far as graduation rates, total student debt verses the average salary of Liberty graduates, and the loan default rates for yourself.

ReplyReplies (63)

I see morons on Yahoo16 hours ago

Fact remains, the "school" should have stayed CLOSED like they were ordered to do.

ReplyReplies (8)

JoeWyesterday

All of their classes are now online. The only reason the dorms and dining halls are open is so that the school does not have to issue refunds.

ReplyReplies (107)

Cypheryesterday

Falwell's Liberty University has always reminded me of Scientology in the control it places on peoples faith and loyalty to Falwell and his personal interpretations and beliefs.

ReplyReplies (83)

Fuhr16 hours ago

A degree from Liberty will help in finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries.

ReplyReplies (28)

kurtyesterday

"computer science major Clayton Didinsky say that, despite the outside chatter, they will believe what the university tells them."

Something along the lines of prayer, not science or medicine.

ReplyReplies (43)

Rickyesterday

What was Liberty University thinking? These additional coved-19 cases open the university up to lawsuits.

ReplyReplies (76)

• I'm not attacking your way of life. The world around you is doing that. And you're a fool if you won't adapt.

• We'll elect Trump President for Life

very short term lol

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• This kind of bullshit... it takes about 9 seconds to edit.

• Sorry, I was using my phone. Didn't work very well. Try this:

https://news.yahoo.com/nearly-…y-students-020700565.html

Nearly a dozen Liberty University students report COVID-19 symptoms after returning to campus

06422c50-e164-11e9-bfbd-cdb74fdcbf3a

Catherine Garcia

,The Week•March 29, 2020

f968dd2443f76c6ea91b8f0f79e2b97d

As of Friday, at least 11 students at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, have reported symptoms suggesting they have the COVID-19 coronavirus, Dr. Thomas Eppes Jr., the physician in charge of student health services, told The New York Times on Sunday.

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. came under fire last week when he reopened the campus to students at the end of their spring break, despite public health officials warning against it and Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) banning gatherings of more than 100 people in the state. Falwell said 1,900 students returned to campus last week, and more than 800 have since left. Eppes on Sunday said of the students who have COVID-19 symptoms, three have been referred to hospitals to get tested and eight have been told to self-quarantine.

Falwell told The News & Advance last week that the school had to reopen because Liberty has "a responsibility to our students — who paid to be here, who want to be here, who love it here — to give them the ability to be with their friends, to continue their studies, enjoy the room and board they've already paid for, and to not interrupt their college life."

Referring to the coronavirus, Eppes told the Times that Liberty has since "lost the ability to corral this thing," but he didn't tell Falwell to shut the school down because "I just am not going to be so presumptuous as to say, 'This is what you should do and this is what you shouldn't do.'" Falwell is a staunch ally of President Trump, and has said Liberty is being unfairly targeted for being "Christian" and "conservative." Michael Gillette, a former mayor of Lynchburg and a bioethicist, told the Times "to argue that criticism of Liberty is based on political bias is unfounded and unreasonable. Liberty just did not take this threat as seriously as others have."

• If only we would have used the democrat response plan for the virus. Imagine all the lives that could have been saved by making airplane carbon neutral by 2050! Heartless fucking republicans..

Imagine how many lives would be enriched if people would have followed the advise of Pelosi and flocked to chinatown elbow to elbow

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Don't worry folks, Liberty University is gonna pray the virus away!

Praying to their Cheeto-God... that he may pause his golfing and save them. Since they refuse to help themselves.

• This is where Stonings of Heretics needs to come back.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• This is where Stonings of Heretics needs to come back.

We know you would if you could :)

That's why we keep snake-handlers on a short leash. Enjoy your caliphate in Bumfuck Arkansas or the like.

• That was to protect the herd from the wolves. We're way past that now. Soddom and Gomorrah past.

This is why people think of you folks as the American Taliban.

Ya'll cheer when you think Americans you hate are about to die. And post fantasies about killing people who disagree with you.

And you expect... respect? For this?