Look what I'm working on

• Wide zip ties are fine as long as you don't crush the cabling with it. The cable job in the OP looks like a hindoo did it.

Not if Im the guy that gets to come behind you and add a cable or troubleshoot a problem. I hate ziptyes.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Well that one sucked, got anything better?

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I liked it.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• So you two are related?

Didn’t see that coming.

• Not if Im the guy that gets to come behind you and add a cable or troubleshoot a problem. I hate ziptyes.

Velcro is fine, but cutting a few zip ties, doing work, then replacing isn't a big deal. If you're always fucking with it, you need to rethink things.

Number one cause of cables going bad is bad cable management/routing and shitty crimps. When done competently, you should very rarely have to fuck with cables ever again.

One time a guy I worked with was forced to go to India to help them solve some major problems for a datacenter they had there. Long story made short, they ran fiber optic cables through a couple of buildings across a tree'd yard. Monkey were literally climbing in the trees and ripping the expensive fibre optic lines up. They literally just struck it through tree branches from one open window to another across the yard.

• No big deal, true, I carry at least a dozen large-medium-small with me when I’m working, but I do not like to see them inside a panel. I’m a fan of Panduit if installed correctly.

Hate zip tyes.

Hate’em.

• It's supposed to look like this:

thats psychotic! That guy is DEFINITELY OCD lol

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• I went out to do another after-hours job. A switch replacement . Got to the store and the pricks all leave 30 minutes after the store closes. It's over a two hour job so I had to leave. Good thing it wasn't very far from me.

• I'm going from in the field to working in Office Depot today and through Saturday. My manager calls it counting pens. lol. I'll sit on my ass all day, but I don't like it. The people that work at the store are cool though. I like them.

I'll be doing this three days a week.

• It's nice when all the gear is installed the same day. The last photo will probably look much like the first after a few upgrades.

That's true. The store's get remodeled all the time and they move the switches all over the place. I never understood why they need to move IDF racks, nor why they put them 20 feet high and in almost inaccessible areas. I'd hate to be on the crew that has to move those racks and re-run everything all over the place.