Earthquake

• We all are.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• This one made my wife nauseous but she can't read when I drive. I don't get motion sick. Maybe I got immune spinning in that chair all those times as a kid.

• God is sending you all a message if you don't end your wicked ways.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• Never felt an earthquake.

:sadboy

I felt several during my time in Alaska. During one I was on the flightline and the pavement was rippling like waves in the ocean. F-15's rocking back and forth like they were dancing...

The first one I felt, I was at home in base housing. Elmendorf's base housing was townhomes, 8 per building and they were all heated with hot water. So of course my unit had to have the boiler for the entire building. The week before we had maintenance out because the boiler was shaking the whole building. Well the whole building started shaking again and I went to check the boiler and as I passed through the kitchen I did a double take out the window...the telephone poles were wobbling and the ground was rippling. I was like...Wow! An earthquake!

Like Iron said, they're kinda fun as long as the house isn't falling on you or the ground isn't swallowing you.

• Earthquake, that’s easy. Imagine a line of Caterpillar 797F trucks passing by your house on a bumpy road that runs right next to it. All the trucks are fully loaded and moving at a high rate of speed. Some of the trucks have tires with flat spots on them.

Now imagine this going on for up to 2 minutes.

I watched the water in a pond peak as though penetrated by 10,000 BBs simultaneously. I felt the porch I was sitting on ‘bounce’. I’ve watched trees shake and windows rattle for what seemed like minutes but was in fact only seconds.

Those quakes ranged from 6.1-6.5 in strength.

I hope to never experience one again.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018