I've changed my mind about the response to the virus.

• We are still in the very early stages of this crisis, the focus needs to be on production of medial equipment such a ventilators and a focus on medical research, also drafting of medical personnel such as final year medial students and retired doctors/nurses.

Also we need to prepare for the 2nd wave come winter.

Its far to early to talk about restarting the economy, maybe this time next year if we are in a better position. But we still don’t know what the total casualty rate is going to be.

America is behind the curve on the timeline is this crisis, and due to its population will most likely be one of the last to recover.

See also Russia and India.

Its too late to close borders, the best thing now is to hunker down and get through this as best we can, fuck the economy, this is a global pandemic.

Right now in various countries people are going to work and coming back and dying or infecting the family, you can dice roll it and your 21 year old healthy kid dies, or you mother or whatever, this is what is happening in the rest of the world and is/will happen in America.

This is going to be the new normal for a least a year and a half, get used to it.

• Dune sucked. Can't stand movies that whisper most of the dialogue.

HEY! WHAT DID YOU SAY?

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• A few hundred deaths per year to illegal aliens are clearly acceptable to libs, would like to see Trump pull that card. We prolly gonna be 25% unemployment when the next numbers come out, and it's NOT like you can flip a switch and start those jobs back up, many small businesses, particularly restaurants, have vanished forever. Oil field jobs, shit ton of them gonna poor for entirely unrelated reasons. I'm worried a point of will arrive that we can't come back from

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• No man. We are more than conquerors.

I may not survive this but as a people we will.

There will be more of us aware of the stupidity of leftist dogma and the correctist people will emerge stronger than before.

• Like an Italian teacher quarantined at home with his wife wrote: "I wasn't scared before we could smell the dead."

After a while young people who have had it can go back to work and keep the economy going. They're developing a test to check for antibodies.

The problem doing that right now is that about 10-20 percent of everyone who gets this plague will need hospitalization to survive. The young folk are just more resilient and mostly survive with medical attention and ventilators... Though I read about a 21 year old healthy woman in the UK who died yesterday.

New York will be a total horror show in a couple of weeks time.

I know it feels like time is standing still and this has been going on for months and months. It exploded in Italy only two weeks ago...

It's a train wreck in ultra slow motion.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• Yup. Go to work roll the dice.

None of my kids have stopped working.

My grandkids are here every day.

Im still working, I am single handedly keeping the Great White Norths economy alive

Im no doc, ya flea bitten varmint. Im Riff Raff Sam, the riffiest riff whoever riffed a raff

• The train.

The cowcatcher is already smashed in. The front of the boiler is starting to buckle. Ripples of flexing metal wrinkling its tubular shape, sending chips of black paint flying. They glitter and float like fine soot, almost frozen in time. The engineers look like the wax statues in Madame Tussauds' Chamber of Horrors; their faces contorted in terrifying grimaces. One engineer with strange hair and an orange complexion is engaging the brakes while a wrinkly old woman is pouring on the coals. Her dentures falling out of her mouth, wide open in mid-scream. They know what is about to happen and nothing they do can stop it.

Behind them are passenger cars as far as the eye can see. Filled with near motionless people enjoying life. Enjoying the ride. Some are dancing, while others are engaged in conversation over fine wine and scrumptious hors d'oeuvres. Only the people in the first car are slowly, barely perceptibly, turning their heads. Their smiles and laughter transforming into expressions of concern.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

The post was edited 5 times, last by GScholz ().

• Calling all medics...

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Curly... didn't you say that we were two weeks behind Italy over a week ago? Yes... I know we will always be 2 weeks behind but we are nowhere near where they were a week ago and a week from now we will not be where they are again.

There are vast areas of the country that are pretty much unaffected by this. If we can limit travel to essential travel then this thing will not hit the whole country at once.... it is not now. Half the cases so far are in New York. almost all the deaths are in a few small areas.

The cure can't be worse than the virus. We are making ventilators and PPE.. our companies are stepping up and converting to make medical equipment. We have many millions of doses of the new combo drug and more are being made.

The World Health org reports that the United States was the best prepared country in the world for this pandemic.

The Japs and germans did not think we would pull together and mobilize the might of our economy.. Like you... they were wrong.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Just like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, we come together to get things done.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

• Curly... didn't you say that we were two weeks behind Italy over a week ago? Yes... I know we will always be 2 weeks behind but we are nowhere near where they were a week ago and a week from now we will not be where they are again.

I know it feels like it was two weeks ago... But it has been like three days. You are less than a thousand cases behind Italy and in two days time you'll have passed both Italy and China in confirmed cases. Maybe even by tomorrow evening. You passed Spain yesterday or the day before.

Deaths are lagging behind still, but that's also just a matter of days at this point. This fucking bastard won't give you a quick death.

Unless a miracle cure is found May and June will be apocalyptic. I have hopes for the malaria drugs being tested now, and the ebola drug, but I don't know if it is real hope or if I'm just hoping against hope. Time will tell.

Like President Trump said: "Try everything!" ... That's where we're at now.