I've changed my mind about the response to the virus.

• I was a proponent of just shutting everything down for awhile. Slow the spread. I've changed my mind.

If we shut down, our currency and the economy is going to collapse on a scale that we've never seen or imagined.

With this stimulus package, the writing is on the wall. A monstrous disaster is coming

We can't allow the country to shut down. The ramifications of shutting down are far worse than the consequences of just letting the Coronavirus run it's course.

People might die or not, but we can't do much about that. We might not have the manpower or facilities to deal with the sick, but we have to turn the levers of the economy back on or we will be doubly fucked.

This is no joke. The balance that keeps the wheels spinning is very precise, and it's getting knocked off its axis. There could be a runaway train of unstoppable disasters coming if we allow everything to just shut down.

We need to tell people to go back to their normal lives and use normal precautions. Other than that, you have to accept that you will be getting the virus. You will most likely have mild symptoms. You could get really sick. You might die. It's just the way it is and it has to run it's course, just like the Spanish flu ran it's coarse.

I'm telling you. We are fucked if the economy shuts down and the government starts printing money with no one producing. Fucked.

• I'll quote Frank Herbert.

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain."

• Dune was a great movie.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Dune was a great movie.

Dune sucked. Can't stand movies that whisper most of the dialogue.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• the first and last by adolf galland is a good book to read if you have time on youre hands.

I have read it several times. the forward is written by douglas bader.

it's a good read from the perspective of a Nazi pilot in ww2

• Dune was an even better book but that’s a given in all cases.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• That was my first reaction. Everyone go out and get exposed. Then everything continues as normal but for the small percentage that succumb. It was not a well thought position. It makes sense to spread this thing out so as not to overwhelm the health care system. I still feel that way but it might make sense for those least likely to suffer seriously (the large majority of people) to get exposed and recover to keep the wheels turning. Those older and more vulnerable should self quarantine with help from those who have already recovered and pose no risk.

I hear more and more that this thing came here as early as last November and I believe that's true.

• For me its not about people going out to get exposed, it's about keeping everyone working and the economy running.

Today I read the Los Angeles is going to cut water and electricity to businesses that are not essential and don't shit down. They're going to send neighborhood prosecutors around to check.

How long can we go with most people sitting at home? It could be more of a problem than the virus.

• Yes, the cure could be a lot worse than the virus. That was expected I think but few are willing to risk their life or the life of a loved one to keeps the wheels turning. I think Trump is on target in saying let's start moving back to normality by Easter.

• This "Crisis" is not and never has been about Americans safety. This is about letting the "Medical Machine" keep the infections at a steady pace as not to get overwhelmed. Everyone will get this, eventually, unless it morphs into something benign. Trump is correct in wanting everyone to get back to work so we don't have a disastrous Depression that will make the crash of '29 look like child's play.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Basically what Trump is saying is that he wants to get states and areas not affected much by this back to work as soon as possible. He actually did say that he did not "want the cure to be worse than the virus"

Again... he is ahead of the curve on this. The two weeks was to flatten the curve. at this point tho it looks like we are handling it well.... we need to get areas not so affected back to work. that is what he is saying... and maybe extend the quarantines in areas that are high hit with high infection rates.

A lot of doctors are not on board with this tho.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Wash your hands.

• and wash your ass too

razer I carry plastic grocery bags in my vehicles for refueling purposes... pump the gas, throw them away

No trees were killed in the posting of this bullshit, however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Grits has never been that drunk. I’ll put money on it.