• No, this thread isn’t about an unannounced birthday party in China. It IS however about pooling our knowledge and resources to help one another.

Local supplies went quick. Two of the local farms I frequent sold out in 2 days. The owner said most of it went to guys driving expensive SUVs. City boys from the Greystone community would be my guess.

Anyway, I’ve managed to find a few places here and there that still has things. One such place is a Bison ranch in Colorado.

This guy just replied to my email, yeah, he’s a farmer alright. He’s got an ad on Craigslist if you want to see prices. I’m getting a case of ribeyes from him and he’s going to let me know how much for a case of cowboy ribeyes, a cut they don’t normally offer.

There’s this place I buy pancake mix from, just ordered their bread and brownies to try it.

https://wellnessbakeries.com/

These guys had some Mountain Home products in stock last week, the #10 can stuff.

https://www.wilderness-survival-gear.com/

Anyhoo, that’s about all I have for now.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Aren’t we all?

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

• I like the guy's approach. But where available, I think a CPAP or similar will be the best off-the-shelf solution for a lot of people.

Until those become unobtainium of course. I still see them for sale on Craigslist, but probably not for long.

• Also for those of you who haven't done so, fill up the oxygen bottle for your torch. People top off medical oxygen tubing with a torch bottle all the time- I'm not saying it's the correct or approved way... but it works. Standard oxygen tubing can be jammed onto a brazing tip. Aquarium air tubing could work in a pinch.

It's not the ICU, but it might get a loved one through a rough day if the hospitals are full. In some cases it could make the difference. Same goes for having a CPAP or similar on hand.

• You talk funny.

• You talk funny.

AvE (Arduino versus Everything) has quite the unique lexicon. I think he was the third Youtuber I subscribed to after Nickintime and Far North Bushcraft.

I think you'd enjoy a lot of his older stuff... he kind of lost me for a bit when he was teaching himself to run CNC, fortunately he doesn't post that stuff all the time.

It might take a minute to decipher his language, but it's good, bingeable material.

• I just sent Rex an email too. I asked him for a copy of the ad, and also if I could post his ad here.

I'll buy some bison. Heck yeah.

• Got a response. Auto-response,

Thank you for your response. We have temporarily suspended taking orders until we get caught up. We are working on moving up the next harvest date so that we can continue to supply Bison meat.

Direct Sales will become part of our business model as we go forward. You all have shown us you want product directly from the rancher.

Please like our Rock River Bison FB page to stay in the know - https://www.facebook.com/rockriverbison/

We truly appreciate all the support during this difficult time.

Stay safe,

Rex Moore

• Heh, two days ago he was begging for customers.

Oh well, maybe I’ll order some at a later date. I really wanted some of the cowboy ribeyes.

• The thing most people don't know or don't see about middle America is how resourceful we are. Hey... We survived Carter.... we survived 8 years of the monkey boy.... we can do this.

I don't sell the ammo I make. that would not be legal but I am helping my friends. So far I have had 4 people I used to work with call me and say that if I needed anything they would pick it up and deliver it to me.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Interesting ventilator.

We have my dad's 3 Cpap machines for his sleep apnea (2 older ones after upgrades), 2 oxygen generating machines we had for my mom before she died (she had chronic low oxygen the last 2 years of her life), plus I have 2 large air tanks filled with O2 that we used to use to fill up the practice 40mm grenades for our 40mm launchers back when. I have tons of tubing/masks/splitters/etc. Hope that is enough of worse comes to worse, and that any or all of the above have some positive effect.

Have 2 large freezers filled with beef from the family farm, chickens too, tons of store and farm bought other crap like pork and lamb chops. Bacon, deer jerky, piles of canned crap, both home canned and store bought, and a pile of med supplies, enough for a platoon easy.

Cool places in the USA you can order from, I dig it.

Most here know how fucked the Canadian health care system is, it was riding and working on a knife's edge before, and a slight nudge would have shoved it over the cliff. Now..Ha...ahahah. Ahahahahah..I shouldn't laugh, but there isn't enough I told you so's in the world, for how many people x how many times = the CAD health care system has been warned. Now, engage fuckery Sulu, warp 9.9 repeating.

• Yeah... I think one thing that will change over this is more people will order directly from farms and ranches and even have those foods delivered.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)