This deserves its own thread

• Well... at least we have calmed down from that 4% die bullshit. Seems we are learning more about this thing all the time. Hysterical speculative posts are not helpful.

lazs

If measures weren't taken it could have been 4%. It could have been even lower than what it is now, if Cheeto didn't have his head stuck up his arse wasting valuable time.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• Your measures so far are ineffectual. Millions of Americans are infected now, but won't know it until they get symptomatic in about a week or so. And by that time they will have infected millions more. It's spreading like wildfire in your cities.

Over here all travel is prohibited unless you're going to get food, medicine or to the hospital. The supermarkets only allow the elderly in during the first two hours of business, and no one else. Guards hand out gloves to every customer at the door. Only a few are allowed in at one time; when one customer leaves another is admitted. Everyone must keep at least two meters (7 feet) apart while inside. All the staff are masked up and wear gloves. Every counter, cart, and credit card reader are disinfected between every customer.

Violate any of the rules you are fined thousands of Euros, or incarcerated. (Or both.)

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• Bullshit curly... Yes... millions of Americans are infected... and many more millions have gotten it and are over it... The freeways are deserted as are the streets. We have reacted better than any other country.

Let us look back in a couple weeks... we just passed 100 deaths... we are 350 million people.. most are sheltering in place... gatherings are restricted... restaurants are closed. We are not over reacting like what you are talking about. Your economy will tank.. totally go into the shitter over this... it will kill more people than the virus... and you are good with that?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• No it will not kill more people than the virus. It won't kill anyone. And the economy will recover. Everyone is doing their part.

A week ago Spain had 55 deaths. Now they're at 533... Tenfold.

Let's see where you're at in a week.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• Seriously? 533 deaths of mostly people on deaths door is worth shutting down a countries economy? That is like 2 days of people killed by texting.

What has your country done for the people who are out of work and cant pay their food or rent bills?

lazs

• The global economy will suffer greatly. Any country that was near recession will have deaths related to poverty or at best? soul crushing and long term helplessness.. good to have the strongest economy on the planet.

lazs

• What has your country done for the people who are out of work and cant pay their food or rent bills?

In my country every one who is out of work gets 66.7% of their salaries payed by the state for up to two years until they get another job. That's also for people who are temporarily laid off. They'll be fine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GScholz ().

• some dipshit resident at the VA actually told me that he believes aging is a disease.

He was complimenting me on my physical condition.

I responded that I'm not in great shape especially in the last two or so years. He said that I'm probably the healthiest 60 something he's ever seen.

He went on to attempt to enroll me in some study but I declined.

He said that with more attention to me personal biology that I could probably greatly extend my lifespan.

Why?

Silly kids.

• Curly... if your economy tanks and 70% of your population can't go to work..... How long can your government sustain that level? 6 months? 12 months? if this thing is as serious as you say? it will crush your economy... no country can afford 70% payments to people who can not go to work for very long.

You are saying this will end quickly before your system is overloaded?

lazs