Car halp!

• my Explorer is a 2004 Limited Edition 4 x 4. there are three buttons on the dash for the 4-wheel drive. One says 4 x 4 Auto one says 4 by 4 high and one says 4 x 4 Low. since yesterday I've been having a warning light on my dash light up that's flashing 4 x 4 high. It's an orange light that indicates four by 4 high and I think it's a warning for going past a certain speed while it's in 4 by 4 high.

I have not turned any 4 x 4 button on and this light is flashing it makes me worried that it might be in 4 by 4 high. Does anybody have any ideas?

I think this began after I started ramming people on the streets

• 1st thing I would do is disconnect the Negative cable to the battery for 30 min and see if it goes away.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• That's worth a shot. But if it's locked in 4 wheel high you should know when you try to turn sharp. It'll feel like the front end is binding up. And there really isn't a "too fast" for 4 high, only 4 low. Pretty sure that warning light means 4x4 isn't working.

We need cap1 in this thread.

• I had a similar thing in my Terracan and it was a dodgy sensor. What happened was I was stuck in 2 wheel drive and couldn't select 4x4 options. I'd be careful though because if your stuck in 4x4 on the tar your difs can spool up. Google it to save me trying to explain.

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• When was the last time you needed 4x4?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I had a similar thing in my Terracan and it was a dodgy sensor. What happened was I was stuck in 2 wheel drive and couldn't select 4x4 options. I'd be careful though because if your stuck in 4x4 on the tar your difs can spool up. Google it to save me trying to explain.

what does that mean? Will my tires lock up?

• You won’t hurt anything.

If you do a tight turn, full or nearly full deflection, the car will lurch a bit because the tires are locked together but traveling at different speeds so they’ll skid a little as they catch up.

It’ll feel like a few little bumps that go away when you straighten the wheel out.

if you make a tight turn and no lurches or bumps, you’re not in 4WD

• ?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• no. I still am in 1984 building a 1/72 scale b29 superfortress. it was 3 years before my mother died. I can go back in time and remember this stuff. I was there when rfj and martin luther were killed in 1968. I was there when the 101st airborne were trying to take that hill in 1969

then it was the 1970s. I learned to drink and smoke. that decade sucked. the brady bunch annoyed me, I had the feeling my parents thought I should be like one of them instead of the cunt I was. er no. I was their cunt......

• the brady bunch annoyed me

Especially the Grand Canyon and Hawaii episodes

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• the good old scanner . you have to plug the thing in under the dash. you have to be a contorshnist. and when you have done that it comes up with a code that doesn't mean shit to you. you either ignore it or take the car to a dealer and get rapped up the arse.

in the good old days if the engine was getting fuel and had spark it would run. you didn't need a computer to tell you if there was moisture in the dizzy cap or the needle valve on the carb was stuck shut.. tap the fuel bowl that often works. wipe out the dizzy cap. check the plugs. if they are wet with fuel then the problem is probablyly ignitition

if you drive a modern car and it doesn't go you are probably fucked

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!