63 cases in the US.

• ?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• yet aNOTHER Stanford study!

https://principia-scientific.c…ate-at-only-0-15-percent/

STANFORD, California, April 16, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — A new study released by Professor John P. A. Ioannidis of Stanford University, California, has found that the infection fatality rate (IFR) of COVID-19 is significantly lower than previous studies indicated. According to Ioannidis, a medicine and epidemiology professor, the virus is less deadly than once thought, registering at a mere 0.15% fatality rate.

Ioannidis’ research, published in the European Journal of Clinical Investigation, considered data collected from six “systematic evaluations” of global infection with the novel coronavirus, each one taking account of between 10 and 338 individual studies from 9 to 50 countries around the world. The evaluations in Ioannidis’ report find their basis in seroprevalence studies, that is detecting the presence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes COVID-19) in the blood serum of a population.

Seroprevalence studies differ from typical national statistics of PCR-based “confirmed cases” of the virus inasmuch as they do not simply detect active traces of SARS-CoV-2, but rather the presence of COVID antibodies, thus counting those individuals infected with the pathogen at some point but who may or may not have active viral material in their body at the time of testing.

• He’s not here so I’ll say it for him. Tell that to the .15 that go it. Wear a mask, stop being a selfish asshole.

How did I do? Too short?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• We don't live next door to Canada

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• Sounds pretty Draconian.

I've been out and about every day. I've put a couple of thousand miles on my Kawasaki this year alone, and we're not quite in summer yet. Could not go to Tenerife this January, but I have just booked a trip to the USA for October. Meeting about 8 other riders for lunch on Sunday, about 75 miles from here. Plans to meet up with MLW next month. Leading an 8-day group ride to Yorkshire, the Lake District and Scotland in July. Might be able to attend the Classic TT in Belgium in August.

It's not all gloom and doom!

• He’s not here so I’ll say it for him. Tell that to the .15 that go it. Wear a mask, stop being a selfish asshole.

How did I do? Too short?

No. I'd say read the entire actual study. Not just the quotes used in the well known pseudoscience website.

The study is claiming to be global numbers which takes into better account countries that did a far better job of managing the pandemic that the USA and Europe which made up between "78-100%" of previous studies according to the study

For example, As November 2020, Yemen had the highest case fatality rate at 28.3%, and Singapore had the lowest at 0.05%, if combined That would change the rates between the two considerably

Lastly. Dont expect this to be the be all end all. Even if these numbers bear out. We have always expected the IFR to drop as more data came in and as treatment improved.

The mortality rate of childbirth isn't as high as it used to be either.

• the biggest point of the study is they're putting people with antibodies into the pool as 'infected', and obviously they survived (even tho they've never officially had a test) Lots of people had it, got over it, never went to a doc, makes sense to include them

• I'M the lemming???

LMAO. And NO

I'm not the one quoting well known pseudoscience websites that compare to Q-Anon on about equal footing for credibility.

Some of the folk here are at least as bad if not worse than my idiot nephew who blindly accepts conspiracy theories such as the Titanic sinking being a hoax, Nothing having ever been built by use of slaves has ever lasted,

Hollywood elite are harvesting the blood of babies which is what is happening to most of the children abducted. And Trump has somehow morphed int the body of Biden

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!