63 cases in the US.

• And they are only testing people who believe they may be infected. Not those who have no symptoms or those who may have already recovered months ago. We do know what we don't know. Caution is warranted but those with an agenda could use this to mislead.

Thing about people with no symptoms... is that they spread the virus just like anybody else. And if you don't test them, you can'tquarrentine them.

This is why massive testing (like Germany has done) is important. Without it, you will *not* stop the spread. You may slow it, but that may not be enough to avoid a fucking catastrophe.

• This is already a fucking catastrophe...

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

Paraphrased from his 1838 speech at the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois.

• Without sample testing from the start you really can have no idea whether the rate of infected and deaths are increasing or decreasing. Because of the flu.

• And what percentage of the ... ???

I would have answered this question, but with the wall of text* you posted I forgot what the question was.

*The wall of text that through "fierce adversarial journalism" broke a story that others (business insider, daily beast) broke 2 weeks ago.

• And they are only testing people who believe they may be infected. Not those who have no symptoms or those who may have already recovered months ago. We do know what we don't know. Caution is warranted but those with an agenda could use this to mislead.

Oh and by the way... which politicians and which news organizations are telling people to be *less* cautious? For obvious political reasons?

The Right is literally killing their old people via politically-motivated disinformation.

• Oh and by the way... which politicians and which news organizations are telling people to be *less* cautious? For obvious political reasons?

The Right is literally killing their old people via politically-motivated disinformation.

Odds are those in NYC are left wingers as are their leaders.

• Odds are those in NYC are left wingers as are their leaders.

And? Are you celebrating that?

Fact is that it's President Trump, Fox News, and the like who are telling oldsters that this is no big deal. That the numbers are fake. That it's just the flu. That' it'll just go away- like a miracle!

Now... what is the political orientation of people who take Trump an Fox News seriously? Would it help if I write this in crayon?

The Right is sacrificing its geezers for Trump's short-term political gain.

Deliberately? Or just stupidly? Does that distinction even matter?

• I was responding to your right wing accusation. Countering if it you will. Get off your high horse before you fall and hurt yourself.

• I was responding to your right wing accusation. Countering if it you will. Get off your high horse before you fall and hurt yourself.

Do you deny that Trump and Fox News have downplayed the seriousness of this situation? You know I can provide examples. Hell, you can come up with your own.

Now, if they turn out to be wrong- and this virus actually ends up killing hundreds of thousands or even millions of Americans... then how would that be anything BUT deliberately misleading right-wing geezers for political gain?

IMO there's already blood on Trump's hands. And the situation isn't improving. At best, the rate at which it's getting worse... has slowed a bit. That's a damn thin straw to grasp.

• The way things are going New York, one singe US city, will soon pass Italy in confirmed cases. That's shocking.

No wonder they are digging mass graves.

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

Paraphrased from his 1838 speech at the Young Men’s Lyceum of Springfield, Illinois.

• The way things are going New York, one singe US city, will soon pass Italy in confirmed cases. That's shocking.

No wonder they are digging mass graves.

And so many Trump-supporters are literally refusing to acknowledge what's going on... because they fear that it will reflect badly on their Dear Leader.

One thing about Middle America that Liberals don't get is that most of my fellow rednecks are *inherently* self-sacrificing and eager to do so. But often for the dumbest reasons imaginable. Like killing Iraqis for no good reason, or fighting so that rich men can keep their slaves... or in this case sacrificing their own health for Trump's short-term political gain.

Trump is leading them around by the nose. Some to their deaths.

• Oh shut up about your politics.

You guys are just days into this now. Days. You have months and months ahead.

• Oh shut up about your politics.

You guys are just days into this now. Days. You have months and months ahead.

I'm sorry it makes you uncomfortable when I point out incompetent leadership. Leading his own supporters to sacrifice their health for Trump's short-term political gain.

You think that's acceptable? For a leader to do that to his peasants?

• And so many Trump-supporters are literally refusing to acknowledge what's going on... because they fear that it will reflect badly on their Dear Leader.

One thing about Middle America that Liberals don't get is that most of my fellow rednecks are *inherently* self-sacrificing and eager to do so. But often for the dumbest reasons imaginable. Like killing Iraqis for no good reason, or fighting so that rich men can keep their slaves... or in this case sacrificing their own health for Trump's short-term political gain.

Trump is leading them around by the nose. Some to their deaths.

While I wont argue against this it's more like they dont care because some view them as expendable fellow Americans simply because their point of view isnt the same. I'd say how christian of them but it would fall on deaf ears and then be deflected to some other nonsense.