I had a chance to play through one of these yesterday and was quite impressed

• I am not a fan of solid state amps or all-in-one gear but this had a sweet sound and I suppose if I could not sink much money into gear or needed a quick load-in/load-out I'd go with it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…watt-floorboard-amplifier

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• yeah and I am NOT a fan of the 'all of your eggs in one basket'. I've got to tell you, the SOB sounded great.

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• this guy digs into it better - now I wish I has spent more than 10-12 minutes with it

• Yeah I've seen that one. Rabea is probably one of my favourite contemporary three fingered guitar players so I watch most of his stuff. a guy I know who still plays and tours professionally has Fractal Axe FX because it's just so much easier and more reliable than a huge pedal board and a stack. From the 20th row through the FOH it sounds great and works well with his particular brand of 70's rock. I'm going to pick up a Positive Grid Spark soon, they are very cheap and could be the basis of a great rig.

• Seems like most of those emulators sound ok as long as you don't ask much from them.

Tone chasers hate them cause they don't have the best of any particular effect. And "best" is highly subjective.

But yeah, for a knock around rig, seems pretty cool. Especially if you run through a ton of patches. Gonna save on batteries as well..

• A/B them and you'll see the difference.

Just pulled the trigger on one of these...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274130899401

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• We shall see. No tubes, which is fine with me. A hand-wired 25 watt JCM800; god bless Chinese slave labor.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Here's a demo of their Vox knockoff...

• I got the 25 watt JCM800 clone since I've already got a real Vox. I was going to get the kit for $160 but you have to get a chassis seperate. Then I saw that they offered an assembled amy with a chassis for $250... A JCM800 chassis is $50... SO... they're assembling the whole thing for $40.

No brainer.

I love the idea of a low watt Marshall.

I also found a couple of the speakers I've been looking for for YEARS. Gonna build a 1x15 cab for one. Probably hoard the other...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Cel…ksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Fucking NOS. Sometimes you get lucky.

• That is GREAT. I'm going to get one. Nothing comes close to a real, miked tube amp. I've always done it that way and it's always hands down better. Noticeably so. That is a great, great deal.

Are you going to get the Marshall or the Vox?

• I decided I HAD to have one of those G15-100s when I saw this video....

• Bunch of Gee-tar snobs up in here.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• You betcha.

• I was thinking the Marshall... but you know, I don't really need to be buying stuff like that. It would just sit.

This makes me sad.