disapointing rifles

• i had a few bought new that didn't measure up. but my biggest disapointment was a brand new winchester feather weight in 7mm 08. out of the box it couldn't hit the side of a barn even with a leupold 3x 9x 40 scope and and goood quality rings. no mater what load i worked up for it it was inaccurate. i floated the barrel, still no good. i glass beded the the receiver and the first two inches of the barrel, still no good. i put it away and never used it. it cost me a grand.

my favorite winchester rifle was a 94 trapper in .44mag . i bought a heap of parts from numerich and slicked it up. an awesome little rifle. with 240 grain xtps and full loads of h110 or 296 it kicked hard

• I excitedly bought a Marlin M1895 in .45-70 gubmint.

What a disaster that rifle. What a disappointment.

My HiPoint carbine in 9mm does a better job.

Get the 20rd mag.

• i had a marlin lever gun in 3030. it was nice gun. i bought it new. i'm trying to remember the model number. it was a long time ago and my memory isn't so good. i think it was the 336 with a pistol grip. i didn't have it for long. i really had no need for it.

another disapointing rifle i bought was an anshultz bolt gun in .22 magnum. i bought it new to kill possums. it was hard to get it to shoot straight because of the lack of variety of .22 magnum ammo back in the 90s.

• Buddy has a Marlin in .357 mag and it is really fun to shoot. I would imagine that the Henry would be even more accurate. I notice that the Henry in 44 mag seems more accurate than the marlins.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• my 94 .44mag wasn't that accurate but it was a lot of fun to shoot. i took it on a deer hunt once. it was really a pub crawl to the bush and a helio ride to the wops.never saw a deer but a hughes 500 can cary a crap load of stuff and a lot beer. 6 days there and a helio ride back out and a pub crawl back home.

• One is. I bought the 995 a year later.

lazs convinced me that the .45acp lost MV outta 16" the crony proved him correct.

The 9mm gains.

I don't feel unarmed with it even for black bear.

Piggies get pew pew pew pew pew pew pew until they stop running.

• handguns, i have never owned one. i don't know much about them. although i did have a winchester shotty, a 1300 pump that was less than a foot long.a pistol grip and shot shell carrier. the barrel was cut down to the end of the magazine. it had a five shot magazine. it was short. exstensive testing i did with it with bird shot and 00 buck it was only lethal to 15 metres. with 12 pellot 00buck maybe 20 metres. and recoil was severe.

• I had a 94/22 once but it was in 22 magnum and just too expensive to shoot at the time. You can load some 45 acp that will gain a bit in a 16" barrel... it requires a light slug like 200 grain and the slowest powder that will work. Accurate #5 is pretty good but a load of #7 or #9 might do the trick.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• i liked to experiment with my guns and ammo. my winchester 1300xtr shorty was a failure. i converted it back to factory condition. of went the pistol grip and plastic slide and shell carrier, and back on went the walnut furniture and the 20" rifled slug barrel

i have owned very few guns that i hadn't modified in some way or another. some worked ,some didn't

• I had a 94/22 once but it was in 22 magnum and just too expensive to shoot at the time. You can load some 45 acp that will gain a bit in a 16" barrel... it requires a light slug like 200 grain and the slowest powder that will work. Accurate #5 is pretty good but a load of #7 or #9 might do the trick.

lazs

that is the problem i had with my 22 magnum anschultz , the cost of the ammo and the lack of variety of brands of .22 magnum ammo. like any rimfire you need to test alot of differant brands to find one that shoots straight

the winchester 94/22lr i wanted pretty badly. it was such a good rifle new ones were near impossible to get back then(1990s) second hand ones for sale were rare and very exspensive.