method to my madness...

• Or... maybe not.... So using a Ruger blackhawk in .30 carbine... spotty results. 30 caliber 100 grain bullet at around 2000 fps from the M1 carbine. .357 mag energy approximately. But... tapered case.. for some reason it is a real lemon in MOST revolvers from Ruger. I am able to use 32-20 brass to make the ".30 Lazs" the carbine round is hot.. around 1600 fps from the revolver with 6.5" barrel. LOUD... the .32-20 Lazs is very reliable and I can load to several levels... from 110 grain slugs at 1000 fps (think mild to shoot and fairly easy on the ears) to the same bullet at 1600 fps with a lot more blast.

Soooo what did I create? At best I made a .30 caliber handgun round that is.... versatile and cheap to load? At worst? I spent a lot of time on something that already exists.

Truth is that these days any round developed is not earthshatteringly new.. It is at best a slight improvement or not on something that already exists.

My round.... the bad....

It will only work out of a revolver that is not really that popular. chances of Ruger or someone going "WOW.. we need to make more of these cause it is so cool" are not good. Think... Bernie becoming POTUS

Also... if you have a Ruger that actually works with the original .30 carbine round (few do) then you can handload that round to be about the same. the only difference is that the .30 carbine is rimless and the 32-20 is rimmed and much easier to... well.. anything with a revolver.

The good? it does not tie up the cylinder in old Ruger guns and works perfectly

Soooo... as I said.. nothing new under the sun. The 7.62x25 Tokarev round... Uses a lighter bullet.. like 85 graIns runs hot.. around 1600 fps.

These are similar. the Tok round is bottleneck tho. Suitable for semi auto handguns and SMG Not revolvers or... say a lever gun or pump.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Bottom line.. even tho they are wildly different in guns they are suitable for? I want to break out the chrono and targets and test em. That is why I bought a CZ52 in the commie round. side by side with an old revolver.

I know off the top that the commie round and the semi autos made for it.. will not function at anything like 1000fps... not enough pressure so not worried about that. I know that .30 carbine rounds and the hotter .30 Lazs rounds will be close.

I suspect that the long barrel Ruger cowboy gun will be the accuracy winner but have hopes for the CZ aquitting itself well. The rest? I got no idea.. this is why we test right?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)