22 revolvers...

• Most know I am not one to shoot a lot of 22 rounds. fact is I only own 4 or so 22 handguns.

This is one I acquired. Pretty rare... High Standard Camp gun. Not a bad name. 9 shot convertable.. meaning it holds nine rounds and is good for both 22 rimfire and 22 magnum rimfire. Which means you have to have two cylinders. dimensions of the cases are not the same. The 22 mag is about 25% more potent out of a 6" revolver than a 22 lr... plus or minus. Huge difference in any case. Gonna shoot it saturday a bit.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Some features... Double action Target gun... hand filling... the sights are adjustable rear that is very S&W like.. the front is my favorite.. a Patridge... or semi patridge in this case... sight picture is excellent! The grips... really nice walnut... they looked like plastic when I got it but I did refinish em.

Low slung hammer and serrated 'Target' trigger. 9 shots. 9 is better than six. Grip angle... perfect.. seriously.. perfect. Coil springs and only one screw in the whole gun (not counting sights) Able to switch from 22 lr to 22 mag.

Also cool... you can safely dry fire the gun. Most rimfires you can not. this firing pin is not round but rectangular... and fits into slots in the cyl. Pinned Barrel made by High Standard.

The gun is right around S&W 'K' frame size.. a tad smaller?

Bad news.. there aint many of em around for cheap... and.. the double action pull is terrible.. long and very heavy. The gun has not been fired much from the 60's tho so maybe it will smooth up... the single action is not terrible for weight.. but it has a little creep. Enough to throw off your aim compared to a Smith K22 say

Some aluminum alloy parts which make the gun lighter.. soooo Camp gun might be a good description. 6" barrel gives you some decent velocity. A great hiking or fishing tackle box gun.

lazs

• Using it as a camp or fishing gun? I would have the 22 mag cylinder in. Could it kill a bear? not gonna try... a human? without a doubt. a rabid critter? easily. Lost in the woods? the 22 lr cyl is great to carry with it. Small game for the fire. The 22 mag is also loud for signalling.

lazs

• It could definitely save you from a bear.

You just shoot your buddy in the leg and run. No way someone's outrunning a bear after being shot in the leg.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.