The Infinite Plane Universe/Flat Earth

• And this explains selenelions, how?

Refraction does not re-direct light to shine on the wrong side of the moon, nor does it render the moon transparent.

• And this explains selenelions, how?

Refraction does not re-direct light to shine on the wrong side of the moon, nor does it render the moon transparent.

Light shines on the sunny side of the moon unless a shadow prevents it.

The apparent position of the moon and the sun during a selenelion are different from where they really are.

This pencil does not really bend at the waters surface:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8aQijUQRi7M1H0ekUkiRRxuDFmAJTtvqlfA&usqp=CAU

• So, Holden, you're saying sunlight hits earth's dense atmosphere, then bounces it up to light up the other side of the moon?

Wouldn't the heavy density bend the light down?

refraction-of-light-in-water20150805-30610-expmep-e1519813676926.jpg?w=1024

Here is another demonstration of light reflecting, off the dome

c459e18404d97745128f2b4bfff19712.jpg

and how about those constellations?

a6a5a9d38ed334ad5c80fe91e329256a.jpg

• So, Holden, you're saying sunlight hits earth's dense atmosphere, then bounces it up to light up the other side of the moon?

Wtf is this “other side of the moon” BS?

A Lunar eclipse only happens during a full moon when the near side is lit completely.

And when the light “bounces” it’s called reflection, not refraction.

The eclipse you are worried about is all about ReFRACtion.

• The moon as a sphere can never be illuminated fully with only one light source. One half of that sphere will always be illuminated fully unless the Earth is directly between it and the sun, an eclipse. Simple geometry grav.

• moon as a sphere can never be illuminated fully with only one light source. One half of that sphere will always be illuminated fully unless the Earth is directly between it and the sun, an eclipse. Simple geometry grav.

only one light source?

half will always be illuminated unless blocked by earth? except when selenelions occur and light bends/reflects/refracts to the wrong side vis-a-vis the sun.

?

Whose side are you on ???

And what keeps that giant space rock from falling into earth's gravity?

Holden will tell us it falls sideways, which we see all the time in real life.

Pardon my sarc.

The constellations have changed.

Evidence?

Actually, the star patterns are unchanged since Pisces and Sagittarius and all the other sparkly forms were copied down thousands of years ago,.

• We're talking about the moon being lighted such that it is observable from Earth. Obviously there are distant stars and light reflected from the Earth which do "light" the moon at all angles. These are relatively insignificant. Light is not refracted through the vacuum of space though it is "bent" by gravity.

• You are using the wrong equation. 8″ per mile^2 is a variation of y=x^2, which (every kid learns in middle school) is the equation for a parabola. If you know what a parabola is it is not a circle or a sphere.

Samuel Rowbotham used it in his 19th-century book “Earth Not a Globe” because even though he dropped out of school before his teens he was enough of a con man that he understood that using this equation calculates a ridiculously-large amount of Earth curvature - many times more than is actually the case.

Flat Earthers like to continue to use it today because it supports their “I see more of this thing across the lake than I should be able to, thus proving the Earth is flat” argument.

Use the real formula of h = r – r cos(s/2r) however, and the “drop” at that distance is more like 550 feet, which nicely matches nearly any and all photos or videos taken of Chicago from the Indiana dunes (roughly the bottom half of the Willits/Sears tower is hidden by the water). Sometimes less depending on atmosperic refraction.

• Reality show idea: gather up the flat- earthers and film them while they search for the edge.

Should be a real hoot.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• only one light source?

half will always be illuminated unless blocked by earth? except when selenelions occur and light bends/reflects/refracts to the wrong side vis-a-vis the sun.

Holden will tell us it falls sideways, which we see all the time in real life.

Pardon my sarc.

Sarcasm seems to be all you have.

The sunny side of the moon is always the sunny side of the moon it’s just sometimes we’re not on the sunny side and so we have lunar phases.

• You keep going on about the drop not being accurate. You simply ignore the painfully obvious: You can't see the bottom of any of those buildings. Not a single one. You continue to post evidence that the earth is not flat.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I’ll ask again…where’s the edge?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!