• That's because you people are regressing

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021

• somebody really stitched this guy up..... who was it that told him that here would be a great place for a quiet discussion...

And who stole moms cpid ... never seen her not slap someone upside of the head for such a post...

• putting WARNING LABELS on anything and everything up to and including eggs...

You can thank Kalifornika. The only State that can fuck up a gas Can for EVERYBODY!

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Grav, someone sold you a bill of goods.

The origin of this place: a bunch of gamers that got kicked out of (or otherwise left) the game forum because they wouldn't allow talk about politics, religion or your Mom.

And it's unmoderated, which means we'll probably all talk about your Mom at least once.

So. If someone here says they believe in the flat earth theory, you probably shouldn't believe them.

All of us are fucked up in some way or another. And we don't apologize for it.

So if the way you're fucked up is that you believe in flat earth, don't apologize for it.

Everyone is smart(ish) , funny, and there's a few fucking retards here, but we love them, so don't pick on them.

• Sheeesh Mom, you're such a buzz kill. :(

• Dannesgold will present the Globe argument, and I'll present the Flat Earth argument. We are on a flat plane surrounded by a wall of ice and now with Global Warming that ice will melt and there will be nothing to contain our oceans.... they'll all drain off the edge of our plane.

OK, not to slam the qualifications of Dann, but he also believes .333... plus .333... plus .333... does not equal one. I suggest a man who can't even count to one has no idea if we're flat or round.

But he does make good knives.

• As far as the "the earth is round" crowd:

I mean, technically you could make all of the same arguments for the surface of the earth for being on the inside skin of a sphere rather than the outside skin.

There aren't an endless amount of possibilities, but I gave more than a fair amount of time for the flat earth arguments. The science just isn't on their side.

• Oh dear.

What the Fuck was that?

• Oh dear

What the Fuck was that?

• fe-vacuum-space.jpg

This is maybe the most obvious failure of the globe model.

The air pressure on the surface becomes nil at 62 miles.

This is the Karman line, where space vacuum begins.

Everyone with any knowkedge of gas laws knows this scenario is impossible. You just can't have a vacuum adjacent to atmospheric gases. And all science teachers know this.

• What is the motivation of the round earth conspiracy?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I'm going to proceed like you aren't trolling us and give you a serious answer...

Air has mass. Each molecule of air, be it O2, CO2, N2 or anything else has a specific AND MEASURABLE mass. And just like every other thing that has mass, gravity pulls it in.

The karman line isn't a hard line between full pressure and no pressure. It's basically where there isn't ANY gas pressure left. I.E. No more drag. Note that it's about 100 KM high, and people start struggling to breathe at 3KM. Imagine that. From 0KM -> 3KM, we go from full atmosphere to people getting sick from lack of oxygen. Now imagine what happens from 3KM -> 100KM (33X higher).

How spacecraft move in space is pretty simple. It's newton third law. If you are in a vacuum, and next to another person in a vacuum, and you push off from that person... You would both start moving at EQUAL speeds away from each other.

Spacecraft use this idea to move. They take a mass inside the craft, and propel it out the back. The spacecraft is now moving in equal speed to the mass - speed of the stuff it shot out the back. (It just so happens that the best way to propel gas out the back is to heat it up. And the easiest way for us to heat it up now is to make it out of combustible materials, and then light it on fire.

• It's all done with fish eye lenses..

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I just want to get this out there before anyone else...........I blame storch.

Also I just thought.... mom was the only mom on here... now we have a few others.... if their kids are on can we still make mom jokes? All this stuff is so confusing.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Danneskjold, I will answer your points with CAPS to start off each of your three topics, which I have numbered.

I can't get this device, or my puny computer skills, to get the quote box to work.

- - - -

1. "I'm going to proceed like you aren't trolling us and give you a serious answer."

PRETEND THAT I'M not trolling? I don't troll. Like Lear, I am more sinned against than sinning.

- - - -

2. "Air has mass. Each molecule of air, be it O2, CO2, N2 or anything else has a specific AND MEASURABLE mass. And just like every other thing that has mass, gravity pulls it in.

The karman line isn't a hard line between full pressure and no pressure. It's basically where there isn't ANY gas pressure left. I.E. No more drag. Note that it's about 100 KM high, and people start struggling to breathe at 3KM. Imagine that. From 0KM -> 3KM, we go from full atmosphere to people getting sick from lack of oxygen. Now imagine what happens from 3KM -> 100KM (33X higher)."

GRAVITY IS NOT A FORCE. Gravity means weight. Heavier-than-air objects fall/sink/collect in the direction of greatest density. Lighter-than-air substances float/rise/disperse upwards. That's all there is to it. If outer space truly existed, all gases would immediately disperse into it. Put water, oil, other liquids and objects in a glass jar and you will see what gravity really is: layers of matter based on specific densities.

The Karman line is probably one layer of a dome.

It and the Van Allen belts are not what Nasa claims. They experimented decades ago with sounding rockets and "atom" bombs to discover its dimensions.

3. "How spacecraft move in space is pretty simple. It's newton third law. If you are in a vacuum, and next to another person in a vacuum, and you push off from that person... You would both start moving at EQUAL speeds away from each other.

Spacecraft use this idea to move. They take a mass inside the craft, and propel it out the back. The spacecraft is now moving in equal speed to the mass - speed of the stuff it shot out the back. (It just so happens that the best way to propel gas out the back is to heat it up. And the easiest way for us to heat it up now is to make it out of combustible materials, and then light it on fire."

THRUST IS IMPOSSIBLE IN A VACUUM. Experiments show that unless there is a hard surface or significant air pressure, rockets may fire but they won't move.

Airplanes need air to fly. Their limit is about 20 miles, where air pressure is not sufficient for lift. Rocket boosters trust themselves off a launchpad, rise 10 or 20 or 30 miles, roll, arc back to earth where cameras do not follow.

There are no videos if a complete launch and delivery of a spacecraft into space. It's all done with cgi, movie studios in Moscow, and other Hollywood special effects. Space travel is a Disney fairy tale. Really and literally.

• The karman line isn't a hard line between full pressure and no pressure. It's basically where there isn't ANY gas pressure left. I.E. No more drag. Note that it's about 100 KM high, and people start struggling to breathe at 3KM. Imagine that. From 0KM -> 3KM, we go from full atmosphere to people getting sick from lack of oxygen. Now imagine what happens from 3KM -> 100KM (33X higher)."

Actually the Karman line is an altitude of 100 km. It's an arbitrary line, as Karman was the first person to calculate the altitude at which the atmosphere no longer supports aerodynamic flight. He calculated 84 km

There is gas pressure, just not enough stuff around for ailerons to react with...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!