My crap DCS Thread

• I'll post some pics later of all the new Virpil/VKB stuff I've got. It's certainly not inexpensive, that's for damn sure. In their cases though, you do get what you pay for, and their tech support has been beyond incredible for me, like bend over backwards type of help the few times I've contacted them.

Might do some knife reviews too, got a few new ones for Xmas.

• That is crazy how much Virpil gear are. Unless I was a gamer that has the financial support, I will pass.

Buy once, cry once. Good for tools, guns (most of the time) and hobby gear.

Oak, I can't say it any plainer than that.

While I don't say that exact thing regarding my purchases IRL that is exactly how I feel about buying quality products. After my next big order comes in I'm buying a $280 vise for working with fishing jigs and while I'll likely bawl my eyes out over the coin spent, in the long term it's in my best interest to buy exactly what I'm going to need in the long term. (In the product review I watched the guy bought 3 other vises before this one. Feck that.)

In the case of my X-56 I'm hoping it will last long enough for me to save up for Virpil gear. Virpil gear will last as long as games recognize it and I suspect they will long after I stop playing.

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• Bj229r How's the Juggerbolt coming along?

I was learning start up, taxi and takeoff procedures in the 109 this evening. Moving the 109 around on the ground is pretty challenging because the only way to steer it is to use the wheel brakes. I have the brakes mapped to a hat switch on my stick but I'm sure it would be loads better to map them to the toe brakes on rudder pedals.

I made it off the ground once, I was really close two other times and I had some pretty spectacular crashes as well. Heck, once my 109 broke into pieces and then exploded. lol

I'm making checklists for various tasks, like start up and how to arm the guns. My goal is to get the checklists onto the kneeboard ingame.

Once I get the 109 done I'll do the Butcher Bird.

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• Challenge of the week.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Heatblur is releasing the F4E model first, but also doing a naval Vietnam era variant. Having both will be awesome, and they are both going to be multi crew optional capable. The radar system is going to be really great too apparently. Heatblur did such a great job with the Tomcat, this is going to be fantastic. Rumors abound of a Vietnam map. F4 vs Mig21 and Mig15/19 = great times. Hope they do a Mig17 eventually as well. So much win.

• Hey Iron, I see you're flying the Blackhawk community made mod. What do you think of it compared to the Huey? Do you have the Russian helo modules at all? This video is from a US Army helo pilot - It'd be cool to hear what your brother thinks of this mod, big time.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I haven't spent much time in the Blackhawk mod Gman. First time I tried I forgot to map the pedals and thought this mod sucks. Brother never flew the Blackhawk. After I did the air refuel in it he told me to do it with goggles. When I did he said I reminded him of Nick Cage in firebirds. "I am the greatest". ;)

External Content youtu.be

• Hello 26. I'm glad you haven't left.

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021

• Well I think your contributions are worthy.

Even if I'm an asshole from time to time.

What the Fuck was that?

• It's true... storch can be an asshole on occasion. One thing's for certain though... he's NOT team lazs.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• True. No way I'd be on a team with standards so low they'd accept me.

What the Fuck was that?

• In fact the only team I'd consider is the KKK and then only if thurst...er was made to sit on my lap so I could stroke his silky blonde hair ever so softly.

What the Fuck was that?