My crap DCS Thread

• Most interesting thing about ED/DCS update today is that Virpil has put up its collective controls up for pre order. I pre ordered one set today, with the discount they offered for the higher end collective control, grip, and chair/base mount, it was $550 euros after shipping charge (10 % discount given, not bad at all). I've been waiting for this, big time. With the Apache coming, the AH1 Cobra coming, Hind, and a new Kamov version 3, it's going to be a great year for helicopters in DCS.

• I sent in the specs to my DX Racer seats when they asked me to, so I'm hoping the mounts attach easy enough to them. Virpil and VKB have made great stuff, so I'm hopeful the collective gear works as well as the rest of their products so far.

• Hot Damn!

Virpil Controls

New hardware coming

VPC Rotor TCS and Rotor TCS Plus Collective Base

“Helicopter pilots both new and old can rejoice as the VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base and VPC SharKa-50 Grip are now waiting to get into VPCockpits around the world and start a new era of helicopter sim piloting. Happy Flying!” - VIRPIL Controls Team.

VPC Rotor TCS and Rotor TCS Plus Collective Base

At the core of the collective controller lineup is the VPC Rotor TCS and Rotor TCS Plus collective bases. These bases feature a metal cam-based mechanism with adjustable clutch. Included are 3 swappable cams to limit the travel of the collective, and a clutch system which can be adjusted on the fly to suit any pilot!

VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip

The VPC Rotor TCS Plus adds an additional twist throttle axis which features an idle detent stop, engine idle bypass button and idle restrictor switch.

The first collective grip in the lineup is the VPC SharKa-50. This grip is inspired by the collective controls found on the venerable Ka-50 “Black Shark” helicopter. With this, the aim is to mimic the feeling of a real collective grip in your hands!

Featuring a metal handle with rubberised grip, you can immediately feel this means business! The grip is equipped with a wide range of inputs to satisfy any helicopter pilot:

• 2 x 8-way Hats (+ Push)
    • 1 x 2-way Switch (+ Push)
    • 3 x 3-way Toggles (ON-OFF-ON)
    • 3 x Push Buttons

VPC Collective Chair Mount Adapter

Collective controls pose an interesting challenge as due to their unique nature it can prove difficult to conveniently mount them in a number of setups. The design team has worked to create an accessible controller setup for anyone wishing to jump into the exciting world of helicopter piloting.

With the Collective Chair Mount Adapter, you can mount the VPC Rotor TCS Bases to a range of standard office chair setups.

Keep your eyes on the VIRPIL Controls official channels for full details on release and pre-ordering information later this week.

Thank you again for your passion and support,

Yours sincerely,

Eagle Dynamics Team

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I wasn't lucky enough to get in on the alpha/whatever team for the Virpil helo stuff, so I'm waiting like everyone else, but I agree completely - hot damn does this stuff look good. I love flying helos so much, every time I do it I ask myself why I don't fly helos in this sim more. I spend 99 percent of my R/C time flying mid size electric helos, so I'm going to push up my DCS helo time a lot this year, especially once this new gear shows up.

Only down side is that my niece and nephews are going to what to use the shit out of them too, which means buying at least one other set. I do know that Virpil has some other grip attachments coming out too, some US versions. Can't WAIT.

• The Mariana Islands terrain is looking good. Guess we'll be seeing it within the next few weeks.

Anxious to give them my money for the AH-64D preorder.

• Most interesting thing about ED/DCS update today is that Virpil has put up its collective controls up for pre order. I pre ordered one set today, with the discount they offered for the higher end collective control, grip, and chair/base mount, it was $550 euros after shipping charge (10 % discount given, not bad at all). I've been waiting for this, big time. With the Apache coming, the AH1 Cobra coming, Hind, and a new Kamov version 3, it's going to be a great year for helicopters in DCS.

If they add a Vietnam map I'd buy the Cobra and Huey for sure and save up for these controls.

• Was talking to my brother earlier. Had sent him a link to the new Virpil controls. He mentioned that none of the later model helicopters he flew had a twist throttle on the collective. He said only the first one he flew did but I'm not sure which one that was. Maybe the one he learned in. Apart from that he's flown the OH-58, Cobra, and Apache.

• So I knew he flew the huey also and I think the one in DCS has a twist throttle on the collective so I asked him about it. He said it does and so does the S model cobra but it was a reversion from auto to manual.

• I talked to Virpil by email early this AM about a couple of the cams I wanted to get, they told me I was number 3 on the list for the collective pre order controls - I'd completely lucked out and checked their website which I hadn't been on in a few weeks, and saw the pre order and jumped right on it. Pretty happy, other than the newest throttles I've always been in the middle or end of the pack, and had to wait.

Just hope their mount system works out. Anyone know of a really narrow sort of "cart" almost type of thing, that I could mount the collective on, and then slide that up close to my chair, instead of mounting it right ON the chair? I can't really find anything online that suits this purpose.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!