My crap DCS Thread

• My decade old 32" plasma monitor from a job site can not render 1920x1080 Windows resolution from my PC... It just sits there with a blue screen. If I hook it up to aNOTHER monitor and set the resolution BACK to where it was, it's stored under the NEW monitor, not the OLD one.

I see no way to ever view my PC on that monitor again

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• I keep the pc (Windows) at 1366 x 768. I SET the PC temporarily at 1900 x 1600 so I could see the whole DCS screen and thus fix the minor problem I created.

This particular monitor has some quirks (back when in played AH, if I alt-tabbed out, when I went back IN, it would play the audio of my plane flying, but video was just a blue screen. I'd have to close the game from task manager and start it again ((hopefully picking me up in flight)

My problem NOW is that this monitor can no longer render 1900 x 1600 (I think that's what it was) and I'm stuck with aforementioned blue screen. Took it downstairs, hooked it up to big screen TV, set it back to 1366 x 768. Sadly, the Windows resolution is stored under the active monitor, and what I did downstairs didn't help me with the Phllips in the man cave. My only hope is there's a place in registry where you can edit or default such things

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• What card are you runnin?

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Not sure I understand. You can set the res for any detected monitor below. You mentioned the registry so I'm assuming you have a working monitor connected.

• If you are moving the computer between two monitors, one works and the other just a blue screen you could open a command prompt through the keyboard without seeing it and then run the utility below. You'll need to download it while connected to the working monitor first. Then test the commands needed before switching.

https://pureinfotech.com/chang…-command-line-windows-10/

• If you are moving the computer between two monitors, one works and the other just a blue screen you could open a command prompt through the keyboard without seeing it and then run the utility below. You'll need to download it while connected to the working monitor first. Then test the commands needed before switching.

https://pureinfotech.com/chang…-command-line-windows-10/

That's my scenario, gonna drag PC downstairs and try that

• 1050 I think

Go into the NVIDIA control panel and set it real low, then hook up the other monitor.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I keep the pc (Windows) at 1366 x 768. I SET the PC temporarily at 1900 x 1600 so I could see the whole DCS screen and thus fix the minor problem I created.

This particular monitor has some quirks (back when in played AH, if I alt-tabbed out, when I went back IN, it would play the audio of my plane flying, but video was just a blue screen. I'd have to close the game from task manager and start it again ((hopefully picking me up in flight)

My problem NOW is that this monitor can no longer render 1900 x 1600 (I think that's what it was) and I'm stuck with aforementioned blue screen. Took it downstairs, hooked it up to big screen TV, set it back to 1366 x 768. Sadly, the Windows resolution is stored under the active monitor, and what I did downstairs didn't help me with the Phllips in the man cave. My only hope is there's a place in registry where you can edit or default such things

I believe a baseball bat would be the perfect solution to your decade old blue screen monitor.

• The thing is, settings aren't stored in general, they're stored under the particular monitor. Anyhow, I need a new monitor to stick in my road case, so I'm gonna use that to try and work on this problem.

Fucking Best Buy isn't letting customers in the store.. Awesome

• If you are unable to run the command from that article in the blind it mentions how to create a task and schedule it to run later when you connect only the monitor with the mismatched res.

• I'm waiting for the new suitcase monitor I ordered to be brought to the front of the store. (My case JUST fits a 24') After I get home with ricotta cheese for the lasagna Barb's making, (AND, her favorite wine) and finish splitting the firewood pile, gonna attack this