My crap DCS Thread

• Just thought I'd mention Elfie that when I first took flight instruction over 40 years ago one thing the Instructor said was to first fly the plane, then trim. It's easier to trim a small real plane that gives you force feedback on the controls than a sim with no feedback. But, first, fly the plane.

• I'm still working out how to fly this beast before spending too much time on the servers. Found a pretty good video on landing using AOA. I'm so used to focusing on airspeed and alt it's a real transition.

• I got too much time and money invested in this game for us to go to war with Russia. Hope they cut Iran loose.

• Oh man, hope not. You got the graphics cranked down? Anti Aliasing in all it's forms is a bit.

I created a mission to work on DLC. Pretty slick system.

• Tell me your system, might have some extra memory or something that will help. Model of MB, CPU, and video card if you can.

• You really gotta stay ahead of this plane and it can get away from you fast. Once you get it in the zone though....

Took me a while to figure out how to get the DLC working. I haven't mastered it by any means but I do understand it now. If you need any help with that lemme know.

• Seems I recall you said you had 8GB of memory. That might be the issue with multiplayer. You really want 16GB for this but I set up spare machines with 8GB for my grandsons and we played multiplayer fine but there were only 4 of us.

• Tell me your system, might have some extra memory or something that will help. Model of MB, CPU, and video card if you can.

i7 3770k cpu, intel motherboard DZ77BH-55k, 16g ddr 3 memory in a 4x4 configuration and an eVGA GTX 1060 3g video card.

*Edit* my motherboard can accept up to 32g RAM.

I have a 256 SSD drive for windows and a pair of 1TB spinners.

• Seems I recall you said you had 8GB of memory. That might be the issue with multiplayer. You really want 16GB for this but I set up spare machines with 8GB for my grandsons and we played multiplayer fine but there were only 4 of us.

They have a lot of stuff going on in their servers. It takes me 7-8 minutes to get to the runway from the multiplayer screen on Caucuses map.

• You really gotta stay ahead of this plane and it can get away from you fast. Once you get it in the zone though....

Took me a while to figure out how to get the DLC working. I haven't mastered it by any means but I do understand it now. If you need any help with that lemme know.

I think the DLC is pretty easy, I mapped it to my 5/6 switches on the throttle base.

• Where you have Cage SEAM I have flares/countermeasures on every aircraft. If I can pop chaff and flares separately I put chaff on the top and flares on the lower.

I have to remap my whole HOTAS and this time I'm going to try mapping the DLC to that top rotary switch. Where you have flaps, I have zoom in/out. I have flaps on the TGL 3 switch, airbrake on TGL 4.