My crap DCS Thread

• Odd. Never had trouble with them myself other than the times I forget to set the emergency wing sweep handle and hit that reset. That shouldn't happen from an air start.

• The emergency handle cover stays closed right? You aren't using that to sweep your wings?

I haven't looked at it but I'm not using it either. I have wing sweep commands mapped to a pair of toggle switches on the base of my throttle.

First one: Up = Wing Sweep Auto, Down = Wing Sweep Aft

Second one: Up = Wing Sweep Forward, Down = Wing Sweep Bomb Mode

• I haven't looked at it but I'm not using it either. I have wing sweep commands mapped to a pair of toggle switches on the base of my throttle.

First one: Up = Wing Sweep Auto, Down = Wing Sweep Aft

Second one: Up = Wing Sweep Forward, Down = Wing Sweep Bomb Mode

Those switches have a center position? You do not want to leave them activated.

• Something is causing it. It's not a reported bug I've heard of and I've had no trouble with it. If you can make a video or save the track it could be reported to DCS.

• I have had trouble with my x-55 and x-56 when they are connected to USB 3 ports. I even tried a USB 2 hub plugged into a USB 3 motherboard port and still had trouble. I bought a USB 2 PCIE board and plugged it into my motherboard. That solved my problems. My Warthog doesn't have the same issue.

• Next time you think it's not working right check these:

Under 200kts

Auto displayed in wing sweep indicator

The left triangle all the way at the top

The right most bar all the way at the top

If you meet all that criteria and your wings are still swept back get some screen shots of the indicator an and external view of your plane. Report on the forums and to DCS.

• Here's quick video that might help you troubleshoot the problem. If there actually is a problem with your joystick it will become evident when you look at these. Might have to wait a few for HD.

• I did a cold start using a mission I made and one you made. The one I made is unusable because for some reason the starboard nozzle doesn't work after I start the port engine.

Using the one you made, I set my wings on the runway. I opened my kneeboard and used the checklist to be sure I didn't miss anything. I took off and wing sweep is working normally although at 150 knots, wings forward on auto, gear and flaps down and DLC still won't engage. I have it on the lower hat on the throttle currently and I'm going to try moving it back to the toggle switch and see what happens.

• You may want to double check your mappings.

This must be blank:

This can be confirmed working if you press the associated button/switch and it goes to this in the cont4rol section.