My crap DCS Thread

• Sounds like a pack of cunts

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• Sounds like a pack of cunts

One of them called me on the carpet for referring to my wife as "The Liar" but every day multiple members are talking shit about the Grim Reapers. I have FAR more reason to refer to her in that way than they do to disrespect GR on a daily basis.

• Emergency procedures last night, was grueling. Landing in high gusting winds with only one engine is tough. Flat spin recovery was pretty cool. No bad news for Meg Ryan.

• If you haven't tried a flat spin in the Tomcat Elfie give it a try. Flip the Asymmetric Thrust limiter off. Point to the nose up somewhat to stall the plane, Pull one throttle to idle and the other to afterburner, kick full rudder in direction you want to spin. You can't afterburn only one engine unless you turn off the asymmetric limiter. Wait for it. It'll go through all sorts of gyrations but you'll know when it's in a flat spin, very obvious. To get out switch engines and rudder, pull the nose up. Yes up, the computer will point it down. When it does, both engines up and recover.

• I have 3 new baits to get up on the website, a 4" brush hog, 2.5" jerkbait and a 4.5" swim stick. I need to shoot samples in various colors and then take pics to upload. I'll be shooting the swim stick pics w/o salt just to make things faster and I don't need every color for them because folks can just look at the rest of the pics on the Twigs page.

I'll do some of the samples this afternoon and then this evening its DCS time again finally.

• So I got an X-56. Wanted to use the mini-sticks as 4 way hat buttons. Found that it's too easy to move them a little in the x direction when I want only the y and vice versa. Causes activation of things I don't want activated. Gave up. Then upgraded the software and found they now have a dead zone. You can only set it in the control panel devices and printers but it works. Move the center sliders close to the edge and there's little chance of triggering the wrong axis.

I like.

• To do this first set the dead zone:

Then in DCS set keyboard keys for trim.

Then in the Logitch X-56 software configure the hats for the key macros. I've found that when you make changes you often have to restart the computer to get them working. Just stopping and restarting the x-56 profile loader does not work. Buggy.

• That's freakin huge alright. That is one I'll let run overnight.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I have a lot of modules for DCS I've never spent much time with. Since I've become accustomed to the carrier procedures I decided to give the F-18 a whirl. Wow, the F-18 is so much easier to fly. Don't know if it actually is that much easier or the Tomcat is just modeled more realistically.

• It shows for sure. The greater the challenge the greater the satisfaction. The F-18 feels like it's on rails comparatively. The F-16 likely does too. I have too many modules. :)