My crap DCS Thread

• It creates dynamic campaigns. A campaign is a series of related missions. A sequence. First mission, destroy the airfield defending fighters. Second mission, bomb the airfield, and so on. There is a built-in campaign generator in the game. It's not dynamic. That is to say the second mission is not dependent on the results of the first. You may fail to kill the defending fighters in the first mission but when you fly the second mission to bomb the airfield there are no defending fighters because the second mission is fixed, static.

In a dynamic campaign the second mission will be dependent on the outcome of the first. If you fail to kill all the enemy fighters defending the base then the second mission may be to get your ass back up there and finish the job.

• When Aces High doesn't do it for you anymore do the jets.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I made a mission for air combat training and up to two players can participate. Easy/Medium/Hard modes included. This version in on the Caucauses Map and I have another version on the Nevada Test Range that currently is only set up for one player.

Players get an F-5 but that can be changed to suit your inventory/desires (this applies to your opponents as well), if you'd like instruction on how to do that I can make a video. ;)

Air Combat Practice_Cauc.miz
    Shared with Dropbox
    www.dropbox.com

I made this with someone in mind but I don't think they'll mind me sharing it. :)

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• I have a mission for it, Syria. I'll make a video to help prepare you. Here's what you need:

AIM-9P (rear aspect only)

AIM-9P5 (all aspect)

Weapons Release - Missiles

Gun Trigger - Guns

Dogfight/Resume Search Switch

Aft - Guns

Fwd - Missiles

Center press- clear lock

Caged/Uncaged - allow missile to track in boresight or also outside - this is a press and button, press to uncage, release to cage

Use the cockpit switches/dial to select the stations, master arm on/off, radar operate/standby, and missile tone volume

• I have all of that mapped to my stick already. ;)

Well, except for missile tone volumn but I'm checking to see if I can map it to a rotary.

giphy.gif

• Here's the mission setup. When you're ready I'll just boost the count to 4 Migs. Looks like they dropped the video editor from the Free Windows Photos app with the last developers update. Had to learn how to use the replacement right quick. Different but simple, clipchamp.

• I ran the mission. I shoulda changed the fields to blue and red instead of neutral as I discovered at the end. Pretty good demo of using uncage to lead a target at the beginning if I do say so myself.

Clipchamp is a lot slower than the editor that was built into photos. Takes longer to export and then the video takes for youtube to process. May take longer for HD to be ready.

Anyhow.

• Coulda used some help.

• Elf and Iron kill some Migs.

• Outtake

• Landing the F-5E. (HD still processing)

• AI Improvements.

I copied this from the end of that video. If you aren't familiar with one circle vs two circle fights know that two circle fights occur when both aircraft are turning the same way, that is both turning left or both turning right. One circle occurs when they are turning opposite.

Aircraft that should try to force one-circle fight:

F/A-18C

M-2000C

Su-27

F-14A

MiG-19

F-5E

Aircraft that should try to force two-circle fight:

F-16C

F-4E

MiG-15

MiG-21

MiG-23

MiG-25

MiG-31

Aircraft equally good at both:

F-15C

F-14B

F-15E

JF-17

MiG-29

For a good explanation of turn radius vs turn rate scroll down to "Circle Flow" here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_fighter_maneuvers

• A knife fight that doesn't end well.

giphy.gif

• I like the MiGs but Cyrillic isn't in my DNA. I know, mods and settings to convert to English but I still have to convert meters to feet on the fly. Maybe when I'm bored.

Killing them though, sublime.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!