My crap DCS Thread

• At one point the E&I commander (based at Yokota iirc) said we aren't going there for any more projects if you aren't letting them use the trucks for personal use.

• And of course there were monthly truck inspections for all the shops. How hard is to wash the damn truck once a month and check the oil and tire pressure? Now I'm ranting. I'll probably have nightmares. ;)

• A7K Corsairs doing strafing runs. IIRC the 20mm magazine was huge on the A7, like 1000rnds+.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A7K Corsairs doing strafing runs. IIRC the 20mm magazine was huge on the A7, like 1000rnds+.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My family owned a cabin and 180 acres very close (like a couple miles) to that range. I've rode around the perimeter hundreds of times on snowmobiles and side by sides. Watched F16's, A10's, FA18's and Apaches.

There are 2 sets of fencing and when they're not bombing you can actually go inside the outer perimeter fence and drive along the inner perimeter. Went through there a couple months ago and there was a shot up old APV along the fence.

• I was hunting up there about forty years ago. The only warning was a sizzling sound. The plane flew by so fast and low and loud it knocked the snow out of the trees.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Too fast.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I had an A10 come over so low it shook the tree I was in. I grabbed hold of the tree and promptly climbed down.

My favorite time was riding snowmobiles late one night near the range. I was leading a group of about 6 sleds and kept hearing something strange. And it was loud enough I could hear it over my 600 triple with stinger pipes on it. I pulled over thinking something was wrong with my sled, it just sounded weird. But when I turned around there were 3 Apaches trailing us at tree top level down the fire lane. They were close enough I could see the gunners smile in the red light of the cockpit.

• I always enjoyed stepping outside the PAR trailer next to the runways and watch the jets take off. Probably why I can't hear anymore.

• My grandparent's pool was right in the path of the landing pattern at Cherry Point, North Carolina. Got to see everything low and slow.

But back to DCS:

• Oooh... IRIS-T missiles!

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

―Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

• External Content youtu.be

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

―Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

• A little mission I made for the F-18 that a little of everything.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!