My crap DCS Thread

• Something is up with my TrackIR I think because after watching a couple of YouTube videos their gunsights didn't disappear like mine does.

I'll have to figure this out because it's damn hard to hit your target w/o some sort of reference point to start with. :D

• Hmmm, so your viewpoint is shifting when you look around? You might want to look at the trackir screen to see if it returns to center after turning your head.

I had a lot of trouble with trackir until I connected it to a usb 2 port instead of usb 3.

• I'm not sure I have a USB 2 port. My USB hub is 3.0 also.

It's only happening when I look outside the cockpit and use zoom which is mapped to the lower rotary knob on my throttle. (If you still have that picture of the X-56 buttons it's Rotary Two on the throttle.) And of course I look outside the cockpit and zoom in/out constantly. Lol

TrackIR seems to be working just fine in the TrackIR screen.

I have the "center" command mapped to a button on my throttle and it's easily accessible so using that is a viable work around.

• I think changing your head position while zoomed in can affect the center when zoomed back out to the original zoom state. There is a setting in Trackir you might want to try. Will check to see shortly.

• Liongard setups today. Create an entry, post on the forum while waiting for it to complete. Rinse and repeat. Breaks the monotony.

If you still want to do a multiplayer session lemme know.

• If you still want to do a multiplayer session lemme know.

Let's do it. If we're fighting in Jugs we'll probably die vs 109's or Dorka's. Have a fighting chance vs the A-8.

I don't own the Mustang or Spitfire and don't want to start trials on them just yet. I do have the A-8 and 109 in addition to the trial on the 47.

• I have yet to beat a dorka dweeb in the Thunderbolt. I have landed a few hits but I've basically gotten owned by the AI Dorkas. How sad is that? Lol

I'll have to watch a few more videos on fighting the Jug.

I can beat an A-8 1vs1 even if they have the altitude advantage to start.

I was thinking my gunnery blew chunks and it kinda does, but, as long as I work for shots that put the target in my gunsight instead of below my dash and wait for a shot where I'm not pulling back on the stick to much, I don't do to terrible.

• George Preddy didn't need sights. He didn't fire until all he saw was 109

I need to work my way in closer also but in the -47 you have to fight the urge to put to much pitch input on the stick because the bubble canopy causes stability issues in the nose. To much pitch and the nose starts bouncing around and that's pretty fantastic if you're wanting to spray and pray, otherwise patience is key.

• I'm going to modify that mission to make it easier. The 190s kill all the AI jug pilots so the situation is mismatched. Gimme a few.

• There was an anecdote about John Meyer taking up Cripes A Mighty and returning from the sortie, chewing the crew chief's ass because the guns were way out of conversion and alignment with the sight.

When he asked Preddy if he'd noticed that Preddy said no and further stating that he didn't fire until his target was in the full front screen.

Atta Boy

• I'm going to modify that mission to make it easier. The 190s kill all the AI jug pilots so the situation is mismatched. Gimme a few.

In about an hour and a half I have to start drinking that crap for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Take your time, we'll do this tomorrow afternoon/evening.

The dorka mission, the 190's beat us like unwanted redheaded stepchildren ala Radio Flyer but still I've had fun.

Thanks for the missions Iron. ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!