My crap DCS Thread

• Just thought I'd mention Elfie that when I first took flight instruction over 40 years ago one thing the Instructor said was to first fly the plane, then trim. It's easier to trim a small real plane that gives you force feedback on the controls than a sim with no feedback. But, first, fly the plane.

• I'm still working out how to fly this beast before spending too much time on the servers. Found a pretty good video on landing using AOA. I'm so used to focusing on airspeed and alt it's a real transition.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh man, hope not. You got the graphics cranked down? Anti Aliasing in all it's forms is a bit.

I created a mission to work on DLC. Pretty slick system.

• Tell me your system, might have some extra memory or something that will help. Model of MB, CPU, and video card if you can.

• You really gotta stay ahead of this plane and it can get away from you fast. Once you get it in the zone though....

Took me a while to figure out how to get the DLC working. I haven't mastered it by any means but I do understand it now. If you need any help with that lemme know.

• Seems I recall you said you had 8GB of memory. That might be the issue with multiplayer. You really want 16GB for this but I set up spare machines with 8GB for my grandsons and we played multiplayer fine but there were only 4 of us.

• Tell me your system, might have some extra memory or something that will help. Model of MB, CPU, and video card if you can.

i7 3770k cpu, intel motherboard DZ77BH-55k, 16g ddr 3 memory in a 4x4 configuration and an eVGA GTX 1060 3g video card.

*Edit* my motherboard can accept up to 32g RAM.

I have a 256 SSD drive for windows and a pair of 1TB spinners.

• Seems I recall you said you had 8GB of memory. That might be the issue with multiplayer. You really want 16GB for this but I set up spare machines with 8GB for my grandsons and we played multiplayer fine but there were only 4 of us.

They have a lot of stuff going on in their servers. It takes me 7-8 minutes to get to the runway from the multiplayer screen on Caucuses map.

• You really gotta stay ahead of this plane and it can get away from you fast. Once you get it in the zone though....

Took me a while to figure out how to get the DLC working. I haven't mastered it by any means but I do understand it now. If you need any help with that lemme know.

I think the DLC is pretty easy, I mapped it to my 5/6 switches on the throttle base.

• Where you have Cage SEAM I have flares/countermeasures on every aircraft. If I can pop chaff and flares separately I put chaff on the top and flares on the lower.

I have to remap my whole HOTAS and this time I'm going to try mapping the DLC to that top rotary switch. Where you have flaps, I have zoom in/out. I have flaps on the TGL 3 switch, airbrake on TGL 4.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!