Girls Off Grid

• Hey Air,

Looks like someone else has started the Church of the Holey Goose before you got the chance.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• I read the whole article. If they have any pot plants on the property they can't have guns on the property.

The article was a puff piece short on any real info. They are basically trying to start a bed and breakfast/ dude ranch for most likely...horny guys with no life.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• They are basically trying to start a bed and breakfast/ dude ranch for most likely...horny guys with no life.

Yep, that's why I thought you guys might like the article ;)

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."

Sir Terry Pratchett   :poof

• well..... I think we are a bit older and wiser than that. Also...most of us have lived in the sticks and raised animals at one time so...

lazs

Trio of women who went off-grid to start a cannabis farm in the Californian countryside reveal they've built their own sewer system and fend off bears with guns

I read the whole article, and I did not find an answer to the most obvious question: How did the bears get guns?

• I read the whole article. If they have any pot plants on the property they can't have guns on the property.

The article was a puff piece short on any real info. They are basically trying to start a bed and breakfast/ dude ranch for most likely...horny guys with no life.

lazs

then you have no reading comprehension.

Still say they're not off grid?

They are farmers. They don't do the pot any more, but I'd guess they wouldn't care about having guns on property just like any of the others up there.

• I'll bet.

Like I said, I was looking at property up north. I would love to be up there, but not totally off grid like they are. I found 1 9.7 acre property with a well, pump house, septic and a huge new 3500 sqft steel building/garage already in place for 140,000. I think power is at the property too. It's NICE.

I could do something like that if I had a way of making an income up there. I would love that. I could bring a trailer up there or live in that steel building while I figured out a cabin or small house. That building is super nice. Domed like a hanger and a big roll up door. Maybe 15-20 feet high.

• They said that they don't raise pot commercially anymore. Maybe it is just the difference between men and women but... if a man or men had such a setup........and........thousands do.... when they talk about it there are all kinds of details on how they do this or that.

No pics of animal pens.... no pics of their "off the grid" solar... No explanations about any of the nuts and bolts.... No farm or ranch equipment.... just lots of pot pics. Not even their walnut orchard. Do you have any idea how much water and labor and equipment it takes to raise nuts? I do.... we are nut tree country up here.

A solar system and well is not gonna get it for irrigation. Even 5 or ten acres of nuts is a full time job. Most here have 3 or 4 full time mexicans .. The irrigation pumps are huge. Normally 220 volts or more.

Still think they are living off the grid?

lazs

• 10 acres with a shop for $140k in NorCal? crap... that is a steal. Where abouts up here? Solar is great in the daytime but to be off the grid you need batteries... that is a bridge too far for most of us.

lazs

• 10 acres with a shop for $140k in NorCal? crap... that is a steal. Where abouts up here? Solar is great in the daytime but to be off the grid you need batteries... that is a bridge too far for most of us.

lazs

I'm going to look it up again and I'll post it here. I think it has power at the property.

• I'll bet.

Like I said, I was looking at property up north. I would love to be up there, but not totally off grid like they are. I found 1 9.7 acre property with a well, pump house, septic and a huge new 3500 sqft steel building/garage already in place for 140,000. I think power is at the property too. It's NICE.

I could do something like that if I had a way of making an income up there. I would love that. I could bring a trailer up there or live in that steel building while I figured out a cabin or small house. That building is super nice. Domed like a hanger and a big roll up door. Maybe 15-20 feet high.

Sounds cool Gina! But water is your main issue, if there's a good clean and abundant level of that everything else can be figured out... I'll join ya to help and even throw on a bikini and shoot everything I don't like the look of... I mean these cops give such a good example (P.S don't tell anyone here but I'm also a mean shot with a catapult, bow and arrow and anything else that shoots sharp objects... harpoons etc)

:love

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."

• They don't do the pot anymore, but they probably didn't say where it's at or post detailed pics for that reason. I'm going to look up their twitter, but I see no reason to think they're lying about any of it.

• Sounds cool Gina! But water is your main issue, if there's a good clean and abundant level of that everything else can be figured out... I'll join ya to help and even throw on a bikini and shoot everything I don't like the look of... I mean these cops give such a good example (P.S don't tell anyone here but I'm also a mean shot with a catapult, bow and arrow and anything else that shoots sharp objects... harpoons etc)

:love

It has a well with a pump house. There's a lot of water in norther California.

I was actually looking at much larger properties too and fantasizing about getting several people from FW to go in on it together.

• I live here gina and did a lot of research into properties. I was gonna retire a little north of here on 10-20 acres. California regulations can kill you. Just replacing a septic can cost $10k Getting permits for new construction is a nightmare so I looked for property with an existing dwelling.

Water in NorCal.....yes and no. depending on area it can be down 400 feet or more. Shallower wells can be seasonal. If you have to deal with any sort of California permit/regulations? it is a nightmare.

As for no reason to lie about any of it? well.... they are trying to make money off of people who admire them... not saying that is enough but it passes the reason test. If they are so proud of the stuff they spend 15 hours a day on? why not show pics of that instead of old pot raising pics?

lazs

• Also... gina... if you are interested in property up here You should take a week off or something.... you can stay here and we can drive out and check it out. I can also find people who know something about the area .

I have seen so many people who come up here and see all the green hills and stuff but... it is spring or winter... then the summer everything is brown for 4 months...

lazs

• As for no reason to lie about any of it? well.... they are trying to make money off of people who admire them... not saying that is enough but it passes the reason test. If they are so proud of the stuff they spend 15 hours a day on? why not show pics of that instead of old pot raising pics?

Remember, they didn't create the article, the Daily FMail did and they are infamous for their slack reporting and creating articles out of nowhere just from someone's instagram pics...

• Ninny.. that is actually a fair point. I would have to see what pics they actually did post to judge fairly. It is just that if you work that hard on property there should be more nuts and bolts pics.

lazs

• I found some videos of their place. They have 400 acres, a non-irrigated walnut orchard, lots of goats, horses, just like the article said. It's a cool place.

As for land for me... even if water was not in the property, you could get a big tank and have it trucked in once a month. I'd get a place with a well and septic in place. I'm looking at pretty remote areas out side of very small towns. The ones I saw have power either at the property or close enough. I haven't looked onto the laws, but different counties and different zoning - the laws would vary a lot as far as what you could do on the property. You don't need a septic or sewer though. You could go with a composting toilet/toilets.

I would want power, well, and septic. You could get by without power though. Propane can power some stuff, you could have some solar and wood stoves.

Lazs, I'm aware of the different seasons. Where I was looking it would be the opposite of what you said. It would be snow in the winter and green most other times.

It's probably just a fantasy, but my whole life I've wanted to live in a cabin out in the mountains. Since I was a little kid.