.357 magnum sniper revolver...

• Yep... it actually exists. The frogs had a pretty good .357 revolver and still do. more expensive than say a smith? but right about as good. This is the 70's keep in mind. in the 80's guys were using standard revolvers to shoot steel rams and chickens etc at 300 yards.... Revolvers work. Anyhow.. the frogs wanted a compact sniper weapon. one with enough range and punch to take out targets.... enjoy.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• A "sniper" revolver is about 1 step away from being in the Judge category.

Actually upon further thought, the Judge is probably more useful.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• 100m in a pistol cartridge making a three shot stop failure drill consistently is really dicey.

Is that what's in Gun Jesus's video? I haven't watched it yet. Shooting handguns at 100m is something that IMO is only a niche level training tool to help increase your accuracy at closer effective ranges(mostly for class demonstration purposes of the kind of accuracy you can actually attain), that and for settling bets for dinner/etc after a range day.

If I was a hostage and could make out L/E setting up a "sniper revolver", I'd be yelling out that if that thing went off and I somehow lived through the situation, I'd be shoving it up their ass once I got close enough to get hands on them.

• Yeah, he claimed that the cartridge in the subject revolver configuration was intended to reach out to 100m inside buildings.

I'm a .357phile but beyond 50m I'm done. Not that I couldn't hit a man sized target and not that being hit even at that extreme range wouldn't be the start of a bad day but more an understanding that outside of really good fortune the target is far from out of the fight. Even with a trio of hits.

• Gman is correct in that the revolvers rival the Colt Python in finish and accuracy. He is also correct that shooting at 100 yards does improve short range accuracy.

The gun was intended for cramped spaces where no gun could be sticking out. A scope on a handgun greatly increases ease of accurate shooting so long as the platform is stable. Even at 300 yards the .357 round from an 8" barrel has enough energy and velocity to easily penetrate to the vitals on a human. Energy reduction at 100 yards is really not a lot.

lazs

• Well... and snakes and little bitty nasty stuff. To be fair tho I have shot 200 lb hogs and 150 lb deer and well... other stuff.

Ok... critters are different. The longest shot on a human with a .357 mag that is recorded is a detective who used a 3" barrel revolver on a suspect who was strangling a woman. The shot measured 187 yards as best anyone could tell... one shot... the bullet hit the bad guy on his right side... took out both lungs and the lower part of his heart. the bullet did not exit. death was in seconds.

Keith hit an elk at 600 yards with a 44 mag from a 4" barrel and dropped the animal instantly. I have shot a wounded 220 lb hog at 30' and stopped it with one shot... I have killed three 70 lb or more dogs with three shots from 20 yards

I can say with certainty.. that if you hit game at 50 yards in a vital place and I hit it at 100 yards in an equally vital place? equal results will happen. Do you just give up after 50 yards?

lazs

• 187 yards from a 3" .357?

I find that hard to believe. And if true, the guy should probably have been pistol whipped.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.