What's going on in Virginia?

• http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2020-01-29.html#read_more

The FBI had arrested three white guys with guns in another state the week before the rally. One of the men was an illegal alien from Canada. Three of the four charges against the men had to do with his immigration status.

What does the arrest of an illegal alien and his accomplices in Maryland have to do with a gun rally in Virginia? As the Times explained, “Although the charges were not directly linked to the Richmond rally, law enforcement officials said the three men had discussed attending it.”

Here's an idea for you, New York Times. Every time an African American is arrested for some infamous crime, cite that arrest in a headline claiming that people are “on edge” about a coming NAACP convention -- or maybe a meeting of black scientists.

“Virginia Capital on Edge as F.B.I. Arrests R. Kelly Before NAACP Convention” (Just say Kelly had "discussed attending it"!)

The media are liars, and they know they’re liars. We’ve been having gun rights rallies forever, and they’ve never turned into murderous bacchanals. How about some flood-the-zone coverage of Big Foot sightings?

If journalists were serious about alerting the public to events that are likely to result in violence, they should check out the West Indian Carnival parade in New York.

The Wikipedia entry on the parade has a special listing for “incidents,” which I have fact-checked and edited for brevity:

-- In 2003, a man was fatally shot and another was stabbed in the neck.

-- In 2005, one man was shot and killed along the parade route.

-- In 2006, one man was shot and another was stabbed.

-- At the 2007 parade, a man was shot twice in the leg.

-- In 2011, there was one murder, three stabbings and numerous shootings, including of a policeman.

-- In 2012, two people were fatally stabbed; two others were shot.

-- In 2013, several shootings killed two and wounded three.

-- In 2015, at a pre-parade celebration, there was one fatal stabbing and one fatal shooting, when an aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Carey Gabay, was shot in the head. He died eight days later.

-- In 2016, during pre-parade celebrations, four people were shot, two fatally, and two more were stabbed.

Under the bloodcurdling headline, “Playing and Swaying to Caribbean Rhythms,” the Times mentioned a few other incidents. In 2004, a man was stabbed and a woman was run over by a float. In 1999, two young children were killed by floats, and one man was killed by a sound truck.

The 2017 "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, which left one person dead, would have been a banner year for safety at the Caribbean day parade.

Despite the annual bloodshed, you will never see the headlines: “Crown Heights Braces for West Indian Labor Day Parade” or “City on Edge Before Caribbean Carnival.” (And why not: "Playing and Swaying to Stirring Second Amendment Rhetoric"?)

Our media simply will not report crimes by non-whites. Journalists think to themselves: What’s the point of reporting a crime if it was committed by a black person?

At least this makes it easy to figure out the race of the perp. If any white person commits a crime, you know -- oh my gosh, do you know! But if there’s no mention of the perp’s race ... it’s a minority!

Journalists have convinced themselves that it’s not dishonorable to mislead the public -- in fact, it’s actually the honorable thing to do! If we tell the truth, it will just feed the racists!

This is why the media are constantly demanding censorship of the internet. The ability of the public to escape the media’s sleazy, dishonest ecosystem and get the truth elsewhere is a mortal threat, as it is to all totalitarian regimes.

Oh, how they long for the days of three TV stations, a handful of national newspapers and magazines -- and nothing else! Every night on MSNBC, you can see them warmly reminiscing about the good old days when they could remove a president from office without breaking a sweat.

The next time you read a denunciation of Mark Zuckerberg for his maddening refusal to censor Trump ads on Facebook, remember: The Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville was safer than the average Caribbean Day parade. The media want to make sure you have no way of knowing that.

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Apart from suicides, legal gun owners account from an almost negligible part of the gun violence statistic. It's almost like your NRA membership card should be a credential to attend any and all secure events, flights, whatever...

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.” -- Ayn Rand

• then watch this

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• I don't really count suicides as gun violence. If they overdose it is not pill violence.

lazs

agree but the MSM still uses such in their "facts"

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• But if you hang yerself, it's not "Rope Violence".

And if you slit yer wrists, it's not "Razor Violence".

And if ya jump off a Bridge, it's not "Bridge Violence".

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KdF ().

• OK, ok, I fixed it.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• https://www.roanoke.com/news/p…37-9034-84254de43a14.html

Police clear committee room after uproar following 12-9 vote for bill targeting assault weapons, high capacity magazines

RICHMOND — House Democrats used their majority Friday to advance the most controversial gun control bill this General Assembly session, a ban on the sale of assault weapons and the possession of “high capacity” magazines of 12 or more rounds.

The House Public Safety Committee backed HB 961 on a 12-9 party-line vote, sending it to the floor of the House of Delegates. The bill would, among other things, require Virginians to turn over or destroy ammunition magazines considered to be “high capacity” and allow the possession of centerfire assault rifles but prohibit the transfer or sale of them in most situations.

About 200 people, most of them gun rights advocates, packed into the meeting room wearing National Rifle Association T-shirts and Gun Saves Lives stickers or Moms Demand Action T-shirts.

This is the bill,” NRA lobbyist D.J. Spiker told the committee. “This is the one that’s fired up Virginians.”

The bill from Del. Mark Levine, D-Alexandria, underwent a significant revision from the original proposal that called for expanding the definition of assault weapons and making it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, buy, transfer or build them within the state. Levine said he took input from various stakeholders to offer a less restrictive bill.

The legislation inflamed gun rights advocates across the commonwealth and invigorated a movement for localities to identify themselves as Second Amendment sanctuaries.

Throughout the discussion of the bill, gun owners cheered at the remarks from Republicans and jeered at comments from gun control advocates. When the bill passed, gun owners stood up and shouted “We will not comply!” Del. Patrick Hope, D-Arlington, the committee chairman, directed law enforcement to clear the room.

“Whose side are you on?” people shouted to law enforcement officers when they told people to leave.

Del. Nick Rush, R-Montgomery, stood up and tried to speak over the shouting, telling the crowd the officers were just doing their job.

Under the revised legislation, people will be able to keep their assault weapons, but it will be illegal to import, sell, transfer or manufacture any assault firearms. There are some exceptions for transfers, such as if it happens at a shooting range for the purpose of target shooting, or as gifts to immediate family members or via wills or estates. The bill also would ban the import, sale or transfer of silencers.

The current version of the bill aligns more with the growing research that suggests it is the magazine capacity that may increase the death toll because shooters can fire more rounds before they are stopped. Data shows that when magazines are regulated, they’re used less often in crimes. Virginia has no limits on magazine capacity, with exceptions that ban carrying certain loaded high-capacity firearms in public in eight specific, heavily populated cities and five counties.

In an impassioned speech to the committee, Public Safety Secretary Brian Moran invoked the April 2007 Virginia Tech massacre. The shooter killed 32 people and wounded 17 with handguns equipped with high-capacity magazines, enabling him to commit one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history before killing himself.

Moran spoke about Professor Liviu Librescu blocking a classroom door so his students could jump out of the second-story window. The shooter forced his way in and shot and killed Librescu with a semi-automatic pistol

When seconds matter, they could escape through that window. Reloading that magazine mattered,” Moran said. “That’s why we’re here. Just like those students, just like the theatergoers in Aurora, just like the schoolchildren in Newtown, the concertgoers, the nightclub goers in Orlando Florida. Time and again, this is too often."

In Newtown, Connecticut, the shooter fired 154 rounds from an assault rifle with multiple high-capacity magazines and in less than five minutes killed 20 first-graders and six teachers.

Lori Haas said she’s met a mother whose child died at Sandy Hook Elementary and carries the weight of her daughter surviving being shot at Virginia Tech.

“You don’t want to know what I know,” Haas said. “Don’t let it happen again.”

Del. Tony Wilt, R-Rockingham, said the mass shooting at Virginia Tech was a tragedy, but he said it happened at a gun-free zone.

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Purely coincidental.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• All "mass" shootings happen in gun free zones.

There must be a clue there.

That must be wrong... there are no guns in gun free zones.

I once went to a meeting at Southern Oregon University in the Peoples Republic of Ashland and they had a safe space room where there was no bigotry.

When I went into the room I was free of any preconceived notions and when I left I felt them flood over me once again.