What's going on in Virginia?

• this is in... I guess it's local... the media...

As many as 22,000 supporters of the Second Amendment rallied peacefully at Capitol Square in Richmond, Virginia on Monday, defying expectations by the nation's news media that the event would turn violent and be dominated by white supremacist groups and Nazis.

Democrat Governor Ralph Northam declared a state of emergency in advance of the rally and banned weapons from Capitol Square. Thousands of armed demonstrators preferred to remain in the streets just outside the square where they could openly carry their guns.

To the best of my knowledge, there was only one arrest made during the event and that was a young lady who refused to remove a bandana from her face after being given multiple opportunities by police to comply with their request to do so. The media was so hoping for another Charlottesville, but they didn't get it.

GettyImages-1194909148.jpg?w=1024&h=683&q=75

Getty Images

Not only were the demonstrators peaceful, they were also tidy, as organizers remained behind when the rally was over to clean up trash and litter left behind by participants.

The rally comes as Democrats, the new majority in the Virginia legislature, are attempting to pass new gun laws. Some have advocated for the forceful confiscation of various weapons from law-abiding citizens. This has been a call to action for lawful gun owners and supporters of the Second Amendment nationwide.

Monday's rally debunked the usual media rhetoric that gun owners are simply a bunch of militia-type toothless goobers with Nazi tats adorning their chests. The crowd was a sea of American faces. There were white faces, black faces, brown faces, gay faces, and straight faces in that crowd. There were women as well as men, rich and poor, and they were all there to defend their right to own guns.

The national news media has tried and has failed again to gin up controversy over the right to bear arms under the Constitution of the United States. In fact, all of the media's foolishness may have helped to galvanize the gun rights community.

Barry Richard is the host of The Barry Richard Show on 1420 WBSM New Bedford. He can be heard weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. Contact him at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @BarryJRichard58. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

Read More: Peaceful Second Amendment Rally Confounds Media [OPINION] | https://wbsm.com/peaceful-seco…mclip&utm_medium=referral

https://wbsm.com/peaceful-seco…-confounds-media-opinion/

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Once again...a biased media has egg on its face.

"Monday's rally debunked the usual media rhetoric that gun owners are simply a bunch of militia-type toothless goobers with Nazi tats adorning their chests. The crowd was a sea of American faces. There were white faces, black faces, brown faces, gay faces, and straight faces in that crowd. There were women as well as men, rich and poor, and they were all there to defend their right to own guns.

The national news media has tried and has failed again to gin up controversy over the right to bear arms under the Constitution of the United States. In fact, all of the media's foolishness may have helped to galvanize the gun rights community."

And Ruth said, "Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me."

• Holden... would not call the guy an 'artist' although those who are really into the history of tats say this chink in Alameda who did it is 'classic'

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Just because they were peaceful then doesn't mean they will be tomorrow Governor. Be very careful.

yes it does. they/we lose nothing for a peaceful protest. if things had gone sideways, everyone would've lost every single freedom we enjoy. people are way too comfy with their luxuries.

• 5 more years of Trump may cause the Democrats to give us an excuse to swat them physically, hard.

it wont happen but if it does, I am going to modify my tv remote to have an extra large mute button or channel up / down selector

No trees were killed in the posting of this bullshit, however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• And here we go... they're telling us their intentions...

Hillary Clinton, in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, said she believes Democrats need to get greater control of the media as a means to “influence the thinking of Americans.”

In the discussion, THR’s reporter asked the former First Lady how the left can combat Fox News. Because the lone right-of-center mainstream media outlet needs to be stopped, apparently.

Hillary was all too eager to offer up her thoughts, lamenting how Fox has allegedly produced “propaganda” and the left needs to step up their game as a means of controlling the narrative.

“We do have some well-off people who support Democratic candidates, there’s no doubt about that, but they’ve never bought a TV station,” she replied. “They’ve never gobbled up radio stations.”

https://thepoliticalinsider.co…ce-thinking-of-americans/

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• I'd say "Screw that bitch" but...my stomach turns at the very thought.

And Ruth said, "Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me."